News Forum - Phuket sees over 50,000 Russian tourists in past month

Thaiger

Russians seem to be arriving in Phuket in droves. Phuket has seen over 50,000 Russian tourists arrive on its shores in November. This month, 55,097 Russians have made their way to the island province, making up its largest tourist group. The second largest tourist group in Phuket this month has been Indians, with 26,525 tourists, according to Phuket Immigration. The third largest group has been Austrailians, with 13,868 tourists. The fourth largest group are British tourists, with 12,340 tourists. Germans came in at fifth place, with 11,097 tourists. Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, China had been Phuket’s biggest tourist market.  […]

The story Phuket sees over 50,000 Russian tourists in past month as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wonder how many of that number are male and of Putin's conscription age - 15 to 60? Also wonder how many of them are going to overstay their visa until the risk of conscription in Russia is over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Viggen840 said:

Wonder how many of that number are male and of Putin's conscription age - 15 to 60? Also wonder how many of them are going to overstay their visa until the risk of conscription in Russia is over.

My thoughts exactly. 

5 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

Isnt that a good thing?  If Russian men decided to find other places to wait out the war and refuse to fight?  I say, if thats what their doing, give them visa exemption until the war is over.  Lets extend this to all people in all counties who are avoiding being part of government sanctioned murder.  

It will never happen though, all the government gangs need assurances when its their turn to distribute death that they can force people into the bullets.  

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

Isnt that a good thing?  If Russian men decided to find other places to wait out the war and refuse to fight?  I say, if thats what their doing, give them visa exemption until the war is over.  Lets extend this to all people in all counties who are avoiding being part of government sanctioned murder.  

It will never happen though, all the government gangs need assurances when its their turn to distribute death that they can force people into the bullets.  

Not if you look at the class of Russian that is coming. It is not the common, bottom-of-the-garden variety, but the sons of the oligarchs and the Russian mafia that manage to get here. Do we want more foreign crime lords in the country? Aren't the resident Chinese enough?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Phuket has seen over 50,000 Russian tourists arrive on its shores in November.

And how many of these are staying long/er? THAT would be the information!

And very welcome too.. I hope some are from Crimea, Lugansk and Donetsk,  where they were mercilessly shelled and sniped by nato mercs and Azovs for 8 years, wrecking coal mines, electrical substations, water pumping stations and residential housing killing 15,000 civilians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/29/2022 at 5:46 PM, Guest1 said:

And how many of these are staying long/er? THAT would be the information!

No need to stay on, they have elecrticity, water.. and cheap gas.. they are not Euros.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, Viggen840 said:

I must stay that the Kremlin is a master in supplying fake information to their own people

It will take some time before the Russian people will find out what their dictator regime has done for damage to their own country and in Ukraine.

Instead giving the Russian population a decent future and work peaceful with Western Europe the Kremlin chose chaos, murder and destruction on the continent and beyond.

It will take 3 generations before the Russian population will be seen as a non violent society which can be trusted 

I am sad for all Russians who are a victim of the regime 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NoriT said:

And very welcome too.. I hope some are from Crimea, Lugansk and Donetsk,  where they were mercilessly shelled and sniped by nato mercs and Azovs for 8 years, wrecking coal mines, electrical substations, water pumping stations and residential housing killing 15,000 civilians.

All of the "poor" individuals that supported the ILLEGALLY annexation by Russia, a foreign power.

Great if they are leaving and never go back, hope they become Stateless.

10 hours ago, NoriT said:

where they were mercilessly shelled and sniped by nato mercs and Azovs for 8 years

Still no evidence to back up this ludicrous comment? If it’s so true, where’s the proof? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gmxuser said:

I am sad for all Russians who are a victim of the regime 

I’m not. They elected him. The Russians have made many wrong decisions over the decades. They have a propensity for strong arm politicians that talk tough on foreigners and minorities. Well, this is the harvest you planted.

I get tired of trying to be the more generous soul and not blaming “the people”. Well who the hell else do you blame? If it’s not the generations of Russians that have got them to this point, then who? It’s the same with the Nazis and the Japanese in world war 2. They simply love to blame the lone gun man theory. The single nut job who fooled them all in to believing all was fine. Sorry, you don’t get away with responsibility that easily. 

• Like 2

Your right.

But he fooled the population and killed the people who do not approved his tirany.

Half of the Russians do not like him or the rest of the criminal gang.

Many got in jail and you cannot say anything what oppose this regime. 

At the end we know that all dictators come to an end. Mostly brutal as they are.

Once the Russians understand that his wealth is estimated in the billions and left the people in poverty it is finished with him and his friends.

• Haha 1

Your right.

But he fooled the population and killed the people who do not approved his tirany.

Half of the Russians do not like him or the rest of the criminal gang.

Many got in jail and you cannot say anything what oppose this regime. 

At the end we know that all dictators come to an end. Mostly brutal as they are.

Once the Russians understand that his wealth is estimated in the billions and left the people in poverty it is finished with him and his friends.

Good reason for me to leave Phuket.

Visited it for 40 years.

No restaurants for me which have Russian food on the menu.

No hotels or resorts for me where Russians stay.