News Forum - Thailand tourism may see a decline next year

Thaiger

Despite conflicting optimistic predictions, the Tourism Authority of Thailand is warning that Thai tourism may take a sharp downturn next year. While international travellers are flocking to Thailand now, industry experts fear that it may be a flood of pent-up demand and, by next year, all those who waited through the whole pandemic to get to Thailand will have already booked and taken their trips. The TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn explained that, for nearly three years, people could not travel and take holidays due to Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. Once Thailand began reopening, many overly-eager people raced to enter the country. […]

The story Thailand tourism may see a decline next year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why do I think, that in this numbers they have the ticket price included? 🙊

The average foreigner is spending about 60,000 baht per trip to Thailand

At the first glance I thought TAT has realized the reality. However when I read further where they indicate that an average foreigner spends 60,000 baht per trip, I couldn't control my laughter. Dear TAT be realistic and come to the real world. Do not be fantasied in the dream world. I spend 14 days in Thailand travelling and my total expense is 14211 THB inclusive of everything. That gives a mere 1000 THB per day

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

At the first glance I thought TAT has realized the reality. However when I read further where they indicate that an average foreigner spends 60,000 baht per trip, I couldn't control my laughter. Dear TAT be realistic and come to the real world. Do not be fantasied in the dream world. I spend 14 days in Thailand travelling and my total expense is 14211 THB inclusive of everything. That gives a mere 1000 THB per day

I shall refrain from stating the obvious. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

That gives a mere 1000 THB per day

That does not make you the target TAT is looking (optimistically) at. You obviously are NOT spending tourist dollars. How DARE you come to the country and enjoy the peace, harmony and tranquility of the non-fleshpot localities! 😃😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

even though maybe many Thai people think and Thai politicians would love all incoming foreigners to be rich money splashing peope , thee truth is different

I ld guess 60 to 80 % have a stricht budget espescially in timess of recession and economic decline .

Plus Airline Tickets in High season have doubled to trippled

You usedd to be able to fly for 600 Euros from Europe to BKK return , eco seat .

Now its more like 12 to 15 Hundred . For a standard normal single or couple thats quite a bit of a difference

Surely figures go down , logically

• Like 1