16 apprehended near Myanmar border

Thaiger

From yesterday to today, 16 people were apprehended today near the Myanmar border in Tak, a northern Thai province The apprehended include 11 illegal migrants, 3 Thais who assisted the migrants, and 2 Chinese nationals who had escaped from quarantine. A concealed army patrol saw a pickup truck pull up close to a natural border crossing in the Wang Takhian Tai village sometime near midnight. The patrol says they then witnessed a group of people emerging from the woods and approach the vehicle. The army then left their hideout and asked for identification. The pickup driver, 52 year old “Boon” […]

The post 16 apprehended near Myanmar border appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The group of 14 was taken to a local hospital to be tested for Covid. The tests came back negative. The group was then turned over to local police for further legal proceedings.

If I was cynical I might think the eleven Myanmar nationals were negative so they could be repatriated, rather than use valuable hospital beds.
I was under the impression Myanmar has been hit harder then Thailand with Covid infections. Well, when both sides even bother to do any serious testing that is.