News Forum - Why Pattaya? Is Pattaya worth visiting in 2023?

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/zHmu5_Ml7is 1. Nightlife of Pattaya The vibrant nightlife in Pattaya is one of the best attractions. As dusk falls, this location transforms into the ultimate party spot. The vibrant atmosphere that prevails at night is a key factor in the high number of tourists who come here. Numerous other activities and countless bars will keep partygoers busy all night. Many resorts offer inexpensive and easily accessible gourmet restaurants and cocktail units. They have a strip of nightclubs and karaoke rooms for family entertainment.2. 2. Pattaya floating market One of the top reasons to travel to Pattaya is to experience its […]

The story Why Pattaya? Is Pattaya worth visiting in 2023? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Pattaya is a lot of fun, but can be expensive in one night if you go all out. Was just there for 4 nights 3.5 days. It is close to Bangkok and great for a quick in and out trip.

Unless you're into P4P, and partying with the gals generally, I don't really see the attraction of the place. 

And for other stuff, aren't there other places in Thailand that are better to do it in? 🤔🤔️ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Unless you're into P4P, and partying with the gals generally, I don't really see the attraction of the place. 

And for other stuff, aren't there other places in Thailand that are better to do it in? 🤔🤔️ 

But no where as close for a beach

I hate Pattaya but sometimes we will stop and stay at the Dusit Thani simply because we love that hotel and can go out down that end without ever seeing any p4p areas 

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But no where as close for a beach

I hate Pattaya but sometimes we will stop and stay at the Dusit Thani simply because we love that hotel and can go out down that end without ever seeing any p4p areas 

So is that it then? Closest decent beach to Bangkok. Nothing wrong with that in itself of course, but not exactly inspiring me to go. 

Based just north of Pran Buri when in Thailand so have nice beaches anyway

Pattaya is a real Marmite issue I think. You either love it or hate.

Personally I’m not keen on the place although I’m happy to spend a few nights with a group of friends and can see it’s appeal. For the Europeans on this forum I think people view it as many do Benidorm in Spain. You either love it or hate it.

I can just about put up with beach road and the sois off beach road in Pattaya. The area that I find increasingly sad is around Soi Bukhao area. The new Tree town complex is not too bad, but the rest of that Soi is dreadful. Met a mate for a beer one lunchtime and I don’t think I saw what you would see as a “normal” person (me and my mate included I should add)!

On 11/27/2022 at 1:21 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

So is that it then? Closest decent beach to Bangkok. Nothing wrong with that in itself of course, but not exactly inspiring me to go. 

Again I am an avid Pattaya hater but I don't think you can discount having one of the closest beaches to Bangkok

17 hours ago, Soidog said:

Personally I’m not keen on the place although I’m happy to spend a few nights with a group of friends and can see it’s appeal. For the Europeans on this forum I think people view it as many do Benidorm in Spain. You either love it or hate it.

I can just about put up with beach road and the sois off beach road in Pattaya. The area that I find increasingly sad is around Soi Bukhao area. The new Tree town complex is not too bad, but the rest of that Soi is dreadful. Met a mate for a beer one lunchtime and I don’t think I saw what you would see as a “normal” person (me and my mate included I should add)!

Good people(odd) watching!

On 11/28/2022 at 2:21 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Pattaya to me is mostly for sleazy activities and parties. Better beaches and nearer at Bang Sean from Bangkok.

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Pattaya to me is mostly for sleazy activities and parties. Better beaches and nearer at Bang Sean from Bangkok.

Do you count drinking and shagging as 'sleazy' ?

Bang Saen is overrun with Thais, the beaches are much better in the south IMO. Some nice ones (and islands) around Rayong and Chantaburi.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:38 AM, Soidog said:

That's the reason a lot of us end up taking our vacations,getting away from the winter back home, retiring etc etc.I consider myself normal but I am a 71 year old retired single white British male.You tell me where all us old men are supposed to go,when we want to get away.

Pattaya is the only place I know,that's doable on a pension where I don't stick out like a sore thumb,I don't fit in around family's or partying 18-30s,or loved up couples.

Where do the knackered and worn out from a life time of work,the damaged and plain butt ugly go.Sorry we spoil your view when you are out drinking,maybe you need to look in the mirror and not be so judgmental.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yselmike said:

Where do the knackered and worn out from a life time of work,the damaged and plain butt ugly go.Sorry we spoil your view when you are out drinking,maybe you need to look in the mirror and not be so judgmental.

If you had stopped being an angry old fart for a few seconds you would have seen that I included myself in the negative comments about the people. Just because you are old doesn’t entitle you to giving up on your manners.

As for where you could go and not stick out like a sore thumb? There are lots of places around Thailand and the world that are far nicer and safer than Pattaya and just as cheap. 

2 hours ago, yselmike said:

That's the reason a lot of us end up taking our vacations,getting away from the winter back home, retiring etc etc.I consider myself normal but I am a 71 year old retired single white British male.You tell me where all us old men are supposed to go,when we want to get away.

Pattaya is the only place I know,that's doable on a pension where I don't stick out like a sore thumb,I don't fit in around family's or partying 18-30s,or loved up couples.

Take a chill pill, old son...🙂

Benidorm.....I guarantee that you wouldn't stand out there!

Whoremongering is a lot more expensive though.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:25 AM, Chaimai said:

Do you count drinking and shagging as 'sleazy' ?

Bang Saen is overrun with Thais, the beaches are much better in the south IMO. Some nice ones (and islands) around Rayong and Chantaburi.

To each his own