News Forum - THAI & Bangkok Airways ordered to fix chaotic delayed luggage, or else!

Thaiger

Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob warned Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways to swiftly deal with the delayed luggage problem at the kingdom’s airports within one month otherwise he will replace their baggage handlers with another company. Saksayam visited Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday to follow up on complaints of crowded terminals, long queues at the taxi service counter, passport check-in counter lines, and the chaos caused by delayed luggage. The 60 year old minister announced yesterday, November 24, that the problems involving crowded terminals and long lines at the passport check-in counters have been resolved. The average waiting time is 15 minutes per […]

The story THAI & Bangkok Airways ordered to fix chaotic delayed luggage, or else! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Strangely enough we flew into BKK yesterday and I was dreading it given all the doom and gloom I’d read. Similarly the reviews for Thai Air had been terrible but their business class flights were the most keenly priced for direct flights so I booked them.

In the end the flight was fine, staff were very friendly and attentive going through the cabin at the end and personally thanking everyone. Plane was Ok, in flight entertainment a bit lacking in current blockbusters but we arrived safely on time and got some sleep.

BKK immigration was a massive wait of about 3 minutes and the processing required no forms to be filled out. The finger print / photo / stamp combo took maybe 30 seconds and we were on our way. If I could have that as my immigration when travelling the world I would sign up tomorrow. 

A bit of a delay waiting for the luggage. Enough time to change some THB and buy a SIM card. Maybe 20-25 minutes? To be fair the immigration processing was so quick we were always going to beat the luggage. Carousel number correctly identified on the plane before we got off.

Given my experience yesterday a non news event. Now the 2 hour drive into town sitting in Friday rush hour traffic - that wasn’t nice but it happens every now and again.

• Like 1

Or else what? Will they give Thai another billion baht? Surely this has little if anything to do with the airline and everything to do with airport ground operations at Suvarnabhumi ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henry said:

Strangely enough we flew into BKK yesterday and I was dreading it given all the doom and gloom I’d read. Similarly the reviews for Thai Air had been terrible but their business class flights were the most keenly priced for direct flights so I booked them.

In the end the flight was fine, staff were very friendly and attentive going through the cabin at the end and personally thanking everyone. Plane was Ok, in flight entertainment a bit lacking in current blockbusters but we arrived safely on time and got some sleep.

BKK immigration was a massive wait of about 3 minutes and the processing required no forms to be filled out. The finger print / photo / stamp combo took maybe 30 seconds and we were on our way. If I could have that as my immigration when travelling the world I would sign up tomorrow. 

A bit of a delay waiting for the luggage. Enough time to change some THB and buy a SIM card. Maybe 20-25 minutes? To be fair the immigration processing was so quick we were always going to beat the luggage. Carousel number correctly identified on the plane before we got off.

Given my experience yesterday a non news event. Now the 2 hour drive into town sitting in Friday rush hour traffic - that wasn’t nice but it happens every now and again.

I never worry about luggage in BKK because I do exactly what you do

Get a SIM and some baht

By the time that is done I head to thr carousel and my bags are usually there or coming any minute 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Or else what? Will they give Thai another billion baht? Surely this has little if anything to do with the airline and everything to do with airport ground operations at Suvarnabhumi ? 

Why stop at a billion Baht? The Government have every intention of re-nationalising THAI at any cost. Like you, I fail to see the link between THAI and Bangkok Airways and the ground staff (baggage handlers). Personally, I've had no problems or delays retrieving luggage from the carousel.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Why stop at a billion Baht? The Government have every intention of re-nationalising THAI at any cost. Like you, I fail to see the link between THAI and Bangkok Airways and the ground staff (baggage handlers). Personally, I've had no problems or delays retrieving luggage from the carousel.

It’s another non story which can miraculously disappear and show just how in control the “authorities” are. Total bollocks !! 

• Like 1