News Forum - High-risk drivers to get full access to Tesla’s driver assistance system

Thaiger

High-risk drivers in North America are now allowed full access to Tesla’s controversial driver-assistance system in a move that has some questioning the company’s intentions. Previously, the feature was only approved for buyers who were considered safe drivers, whatever that means, in North America, but now it is available to all. CEO Elon Musk says the Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta was inaccessible to drivers who didn’t score high enough on an assessment Tesla uses to set insurance rates. FSD has been highly criticised for not living up to Musk’s statements which included using the technology as an answer to solve […]

The story High-risk drivers to get full access to Tesla’s driver assistance system as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What a bunch of clickbait, false and misleading statements with no background given!! Please ensure that the article writers do at least a minimum of research before posting such garbage.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bogeyde said:

What a bunch of clickbait, false and misleading statements with no background given!! Please ensure that the article writers do at least a minimum of research before posting such garbage.

Hello bogeyde & welcome to Thaiger Talk Forum.

That was a very strong first post.🤓

I wouldn't say the article was clickbait or, as you say,  garbage. I thought it explained FSD simply.

What more information on the subject would you like to see?

If you understand the subject of FSD, would you care to start a thread on it, & tell us more. 🙂

Moderator.

I’ve got to say this is a poor article. It may well sort of explain what FSD is, but it makes no attempt to explain how Tesla asses safe drivers. How is this established? What insurance company information is shared with Tesla and do customers know?  Would I qualify or not? Are these people who have previously been banned from driving or had charges of dangerous driving brought against them? Is it an age thing? Who know. Just doesn’t say at all. 

• Like 2

First of all, FSD is still in Beta status, so it is not a finished product. Drivers are advised multiple times to always stay alert, keep an eye on the road, keep their hands on the steering wheel and be ready to take over at any time!!

Second, it is either the person in the driver seat or the FSD beta that controls the car. Would you rather have a high risk, reckless driver in charge or a law abiding software that reacts faster than any human driver. If FSD beta is active the driver does not operate the software, so there is no connection between being a high risk driver or a driver with a good safety score and FSD beta controlling the car. I would rather have all cars with FSD beta than a single high risk driver on the loose!

Third, the author mixes in Tesla insurance, revenue by FSD beta, Tesla's intentions, Mr. Musk's statements, autonomous driving, alleged legal and demand problems and statements by Patrick Hummel who is an UBS  stock analyst, all of which has nothing to do with high risk drivers getting FSD beta.

So I fully stay by my first post!

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 3:51 PM, bogeyde said:

Second, it is either the person in the driver seat or the FSD beta that controls the car. Would you rather have a high risk, reckless driver in charge or a law abiding software that reacts faster than any human driver. If FSD beta is active the driver does not operate the software, so there is no connection between being a high risk driver or a driver with a good safety score and FSD beta controlling the car. I would rather have all cars with FSD beta than a single high risk driver on the loose!

Surely they would never catch on in Thailand, as a FSD car would stop at red lights and pedestrian crossings.

• Haha 3

On 11/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, Thaiger said:

High-risk drivers in North America are now allowed full access to Tesla’s controversial driver-assistance system in a move that has some questioning the company’s intentions.

High risks drivers should be driven not drive.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2022 at 7:36 AM, Thaiger said:

High-risk drivers in North America are now allowed full access to Tesla’s controversial driver-assistance system in a move that has some questioning the company’s intentions. Previously, the feature was only approved for buyers who were considered safe drivers, whatever that means, in North America, but now it is available to all. CEO Elon Musk says the Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta was inaccessible to drivers who didn’t score high enough on an assessment Tesla uses to set insurance rates. FSD has been highly criticised for not living up to Musk’s statements which included using the technology as an answer to solve […]

The story High-risk drivers to get full access to Tesla’s driver assistance system as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With more than 400,000 users and zero fatal accidents, it looks like this wasn't such a big problem after all.

Remember, this beta is extremely strict on driver monitoring. If it catches you not paying attention, you lose access to the FSD beta.