Ever get denied Visa exempt?

dj230

Anyone come in on a visa exempt lately? Is it laid back?

was in Thailand 15 months 2020 June to 2021 October via covid extensions, took a trip back to Canada for a month and I was reminded by why I left in the first place. Have a flight back in December and applied for a tourist visa, but if it doesn’t get approved in time I’m thinking of chancing it with a visa exempt entry 

however I am a bit worried the 15month stay mignt pose some issues with the immigration officer. 

I have a few excuses for the immigration officer, concert tickets, proof of condo lease, funds, insurance, round trip flight, Canadian university schedule (showing I’ll return to Canada), etc . 

Any thoughts? 

When you start spending more time in Thailand than in your home Country, then the purpose of your stay comes into question, unless you have the correct visa type, or an extension of stay.

• Like 1

No, but I once got a friendly warning from an IO until I explained my circumstances.  My company was doing consultancy work around Asia at that time, but not in Thailand.  However, we all preferred to spend our first few days in Asia in Bangkok before moving on to wherever we were doing business.  As the work progressed, we were coming here on VE every 2 months for over 18 months.  When we explained that to the IO, he annotated the computer and it was never raised with us again.  Very pragmatic of Immigration, but then again, the Thai's are known for their 'pragmatism' in many areas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

How are you planning to manage the 15 months......the TV will give you how long?

Visa exempt is currently 45 days.

i meant i came for 15 months my last trip

1 hour ago, Faz said:

When you start spending more time in Thailand than in your home Country, then the purpose of your stay comes into question, unless you have the correct visa type, or an extension of stay.

hm, seems risky, its my last trip anyways for a while, have to finish my degree in 2023, semester doesnt' start until September 

wonder if the concert tickets will get me in, im planning to leave after the concert anyways

i won't lie i think i stayed a bit too long with those covid extensions always getting extended, but i mean 1900 baht for 2 months i couldn't resist.

44 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

No, but I once got a friendly warning from an IO until I explained my circumstances.  My company was doing consultancy work around Asia at that time, but not in Thailand.  However, we all preferred to spend our first few days in Asia in Bangkok before moving on to wherever we were doing business.  As the work progressed, we were coming here on VE every 2 months for over 18 months.  When we explained that to the IO, he annotated the computer and it was never raised with us again.  Very pragmatic of Immigration, but then again, the Thai's are known for their 'pragmatism' in many areas. 

interesting so they were cool as long as you were actually touring? i guess its not a big deal if you're only staying a few days though. 

• Like 1