News Forum - Walmart manager commits deadly shooting in US

Thaiger

A Walmart manager committed a deadly shooting in the US. The gunman, 31 year old Andre Bing, shot and killed six people and injured six others on Tuesday before turning the gun on himself. The incident happened in the break room of a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia. Survivors said the gunman walked into a break room and opened fire. One survivor, another Walmart employee, appeared on ABC News to recount the horrific shooting. The employee, Briana Tyler, said… “The manager just came around the corner and literally just opened fire and started swaying his arm back and forth, he didn’t […]

The story Walmart manager commits deadly shooting in US as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hmm... there have been 607 mass shootings in the US so far this year, a mass shooting being defined as at least four people, excluding the shooter, being shot (CNN, Link Below).

That is not important.

What is important is that Cletus and Billy-Bob can carry guns around, fantasizing that they come across a mass shooting incident and become day-saving heroes. The MUCH more likely occurrence is that they shoot each other.

The truly sad part?

The US isn't even trying to solve the issue anymore; off the top of my head, I don't recall even one new law being passed (nationally) in the last few years which would help deal with the problem (but, if incorrect, please advise).

Sorry to my American friends, but you have a sick society.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/23/us/2022-mass-shootings-tracking-second-highest/index.html#:~:text=There have been at least,690 mass shootings in 2021.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its a sad, twisted, over-violent society when the President says ' more empty chairs at Thankgiving' like that's all that matters. What about tomorrow and the day after? It doesn't go away Joe. It only gets worse.  

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Hmm... there have been 607 mass shootings in the US so far this year, a mass shooting being defined as at least four people, excluding the shooter, being shot (CNN, Link Below).

That is not important.

What is important is that Cletus and Billy-Bob can carry guns around, fantasizing that they come across a mass shooting incident and become day-saving heroes. The MUCH more likely occurrence is that they shoot each other.

The truly sad part?

The US isn't even trying to solve the issue anymore; off the top of my head, I don't recall even one new law being passed (nationally) in the last few years which would help deal with the problem (but, if incorrect, please advise).

Sorry to my American friends, but you have a sick society.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/23/us/2022-mass-shootings-tracking-second-highest/index.html#:~:text=There have been at least,690 mass shootings in 2021.

I think they’re passed the point of no return. Australia had a successful gun/amnesty/buy back program after the Port Aurthur massacre. I say successful because I can’t think of a mass shooting event since. Certainly not a random one. Australian gun owners were willing to do so because of an inherent trust in government.

Sadly too many U.S. citizens would deem the actions of Australian citizens as some form of capitulation to a higher authority. Not only that, gun ownership is ingrained in American culture, there are far too many guns in circulation to make a buy back effectual.

• Like 3

I’ve had several conversations with Americans on this topic and the logic I hear is truly mind boggling. This is a country of amazing innovative people with vast wealth and generally good morale values. However, on the gun ownership issue all of the logic, clear thinking and morality gets put to one side. I just can’t ever see it getting resolved.  

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I’ve had several conversations with Americans on this topic and the logic I hear is truly mind boggling. This is a country of amazing innovative people with vast wealth and generally good morale values. However, on the gun ownership issue all of the logic, clear thinking and morality gets put to one side. I just can’t ever see it getting resolved.  

Yes, quite a few times I have heard "I really enjoyed my trip back home, I really missed my guns". Followed by "guns don't kill people, people do", and a lecture on the second amendment - which I though was actually intended to legitamise the militias, not to enable any nutter with a grudge to go out and buy an assault rifle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

The US is am incredibly weak country

It acts like a big bully but in reality fails at almost any big challenge over and over 

Covid.....failure

Guns.....failure

Education (tuition).....failure 

Now people ignoring rules of law openly....failure 

Among so many more

And the citizens and the countries just shrug their shoulders 

None of them will ever really talk about any of it being if they do they have to admit the failures 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The US is am incredibly weak country

It acts like a big bully but in reality fails at almost any big challenge over and over 

Covid.....failure

Guns.....failure

Education (tuition).....failure 

Now people ignoring rules of law openly....failure 

Among so many more

And the citizens and the countries just shrug their shoulders 

None of them will ever really talk about any of it being if they do they have to admit the failures 

Well I’m sure much of that is true and applies to many western countries. I think it’s a combination of the education system. Social media and the glorification of people with no real substance, aided by a breakdown for the respect of laws and subject matter experts fuelled by television media. 

You raised the topic of Covid. 50 years ago there would have the sceptics regarding the outbreak and the effectiveness of vaccines. They would have been limited to the guy at the corner of the bar or the guy walking around the streets shouting at passing cars. With Social Media they can all find each other. They can encourage and promote their views. The television Media sample these sites and run stories how x% of people have no faith in the vaccines etc etc. This is what happens on every single topic today in western countries.

Who would want to be a politician in a country like the U.S or U.K? Dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. All respect for institutions and experts have been totally eroded. Countries like China and Russia have identified this also as a way to bring down western societies and spend fortunes fuelling such issues.  

In the past the cream use to rise to the top in societies. Now, everyone considers they are not only entitled to a view, but that their view should carry equal weight and if not their rights are being violated. Television news interviewers now believe they not only report on issues, but also form policy and steer public opinion. 

I believe we will continue to see western societies polarised on every subject. In each country we will see the divide widen and the ability to find compromise impossible.  Where all this leads to is difficult to predict. The journey to where it leads is not going to be much fun. 

So move to Thailand. Bring some of your money with you. Leave the old country to all of its problems and enjoy your later years not worrying about it. Difficult if you worry about your kids futures however! 

• Like 1