Shamima Begum Knew What She Was Doing - MI5 Officer

Faraday

skynews-shamima-begum-interview_5513268.thumb.jpg.7edb408f25abb18bb08b73fd572bfd01.jpg

"Shamima Begum “in some respects…would have known what she was doing” when she travelled to Syria as a teenager to join a terror group, an MI5 officer has told a court.

Ms Begum, now 23, was 15 when she and two other east London schoolgirls travelled to join the so-called Islamic State group in February 2015."

She was 15 when she went to Syria with friends & joined a terror group. She had three miscarriages. It's being argued that this was a case of 'sexual explotation' & 'brainwashing'. I think there is some merit in this.

But should her UK citizenship be restored?

If it wasn't for the seriousness of her actions, I don't think any of this would have happened.

What do you think of this - was she trafficked?

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2022-11-21/shamima-begum-influenced-by-isis-should-be-treated-as-trafficking-victim

Photo from here:

https://news.sky.com/story/shamima-begums-mother-asma-says-her-world-fell-apart-when-she-ran-away-to-join-isis-in-syria-12754134

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

What do you think of this - was she trafficked

I don’t know her from a bag of beans but where is the compassion? …. She was only 15 years old when she made that fateful decision plus she was born in Britain. Let her go home, face any criminal charges, serve time and then she can start her adult life afresh. Everybody makes mistakes… 

23 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Everybody makes mistakes… 

Exactly, everybody deserves a second chance.

The MI5 officer with his remark, was just trying to keep up the blame, I think.

• Like 1

She had her British citizenship taken away from her, she has never shown any remorse for the crimes she was involved in. She is still a risk to British security, good riddance. 

• Like 3

Her Lawyers are claiming that stripping her of British Citizenship was illegal & she was sexually exploited.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63734899

"In a hearing challenging the decision, her legal team said it ignored the fact that she may have been trafficked into Syria, adding she has been "banished".

The Home Office said Ms Begum was a risk to national security in 2019, and MI5 assesses she still poses a risk.

The case is being heard at the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC), which has similar standing to the High Court, and can hear national security evidence in secret if necessary."

Yep, she made a really bad choice, but should she pay for that for the rest of her life?

I really can't decide one way or the other.

Also from the BBC link above:

"Lawyers for Ms Begum, now 23, has argued that - based on the government's own evidence - she was trafficked into Syria for sexual exploitation in 2015.

She was a minor who had been radicalised and had travelled to Islamic State-group controlled territory without telling her family, they said."

10 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Her Lawyers are claiming that stripping her of British Citizenship was illegal & she was sexually exploited.

"In a hearing challenging the decision, her legal team said it ignored the fact that she may have been trafficked into Syria, adding she has been "banished".

The Home Office said Ms Begum was a risk to national security in 2019, and MI5 assesses she still poses a risk.

The case is being heard at the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC), which has similar standing to the High Court, and can hear national security evidence in secret if necessary."

Yep, she made a really bad choice, but should she pay for that for the rest of her life?

"Lawyers for Ms Begum, now 23, has argued that - based on the government's own evidence - she was trafficked into Syria for sexual exploitation in 2015.

She was a minor who had been radicalised and had travelled to Islamic State-group controlled territory without telling her family, they said."

I have far more sympathy for the victims of ISIS than I have for her.

They were given no choice before they were beheaded, stoned to death or thrown from a rooftop.

Ms Begum chose to join those animals. What she regrets now is that ISIS was destroyed and she needs to accept the consequences or HER actions.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Faraday her lawyers would say anything to get their client back into the UK, lawyers cannot be trusted and the UK tax payer is picking up the bill for all this nonsense. 

Her lawyer is Mohammid Tasnime Akunjee and he has represented Isis terrorists and even one of the killers of Lee Rigby, does that tell you all you need to know about her lawyer, they will keep coming up with new excuses to get her back into the country, she will need to be kept for the rest of her life in a country and native British citizens which she hates, she will be unemployable and having to live off benefits. She will probably need 24hr police surveillance as do most terrorists, I read that her parents have returned to Bangladesh, let her follow them, she has made her bed now let her lie in it.

When I was 15 I had a choice to either join the Baeder Meinhoff organisation or get a job, I chose the latter. 🤔

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

When I was 15 I had a choice to either join the Baeder Meinhoff organisation or get a job, I chose the latter.

We all have regrets in life Marble-eye 😆 

• Haha 3

While she may have been young and foolish at the time she traveled to Syria, she also appears to have been a willing and active member of ISIS. I've only heard about her wanting to come back and go back to a normal life - coming back and paying her dues with ten years in a high-security prison is probably not on her agenda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 9:51 AM, Marble-eye said:

She had her British citizenship taken away from her, she has never shown any remorse for the crimes she was involved in. She is still a risk to British security, good riddance. 

In days past, religious minorities were expelled, just in case. Nowadays fanatics can't be denied re-entry, without a song and dance about statelessness.

Well states have a duty to grant citizenship, or at least residence, to the legitimately stateless. If she hates Britain, and threatened British interests, she should be stateless. Encourage statelessness

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karolyn said:

In days past, religious minorities were expelled, just in case. Nowadays fanatics can't be denied re-entry, without a song and dance about statelessness.

Well states have a duty to grant citizenship, or at least residence, to the legitimately stateless. If she hates Britain, and threatened British interests, she should be stateless. Encourage statelessness

She is not stateless. She can go to Bangladesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1