News Forum - Charter flights to Phuket and Pattaya filled with Russian tourists

Thaiger

Charter flights to Thailand’s hotspots of Phuket and Pattaya are being filled with Russian tourists. The chairman of the Chonburi Council of Tourism Industry, Thanet Suparashasrangsi, said… “The Azur Airline will start bringing in charter flights from November 26 on B757 carriers, which can hold about 202 passengers and will improve the number of tourists in Pattaya significantly.”  Russia’s Ikar Airline is also filling up with Russian tourists, The Pattaya News reported. The number of Russian tourists flying to Thailand is expected to reach 1 million next year, according to the deputy governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), […]

The story Charter flights to Phuket and Pattaya filled with Russian tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I sincerely hope Thailand pays the price for this somewhere along the line. They should be ashamed. 

As an American I can 100% say the acts of our government aren't always what we want

So it is hard to put blame on Russian citizens when you have no idea what their thoughts on it are or is they support their government

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

As an American I can 100% say the acts of our government aren't always what we want

So it is hard to put blame on Russian citizens when you have no idea what their thoughts on it are or is they support their government

I agree Marc, but government policy should be based on the acts and policies of other governments. Therefore, the Thai government policy on allowing tourism for Russians should be based on what the Russian government is doing. 

• Like 1