1.5 million Pfizer doses donated by US to go to senior citizens, pregnant women

Thaiger

3 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

I would guess there is a tacit agreement that Western retirees will not be excluded.

Technically, they are meant to be included in the existing schemes but, sadly, we hear many reports of individual administrators telling farangs that they are not eligible.

Now, at least, those farang retirees can make a solid argument that they should be included.

Yes I am a white foreigner in Phuket and registered  on PhuketMustWin.com to do so, but  after 2 weeks of waiting "pending approval" and  3 days of various calling and FB messaging, I got to someone who found out an arbitrary rule application from immigration  had me ineligible, they told me I was not registered in Phuket- from a hotel stay of one night in Trang,  been at the same house since 2012. 

Now it's too late, the site is closed and there are no more vaccination I was told by K Pracha, who runs the website 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inlandchris said:

I would iterate that you have guessed

No, @SickBuffalo is correct.  In 2019 Thai Immigration confirmed that there were 75,000 on a 'retirement extension of stay', in total (all nationalities) and I doubt it went up last year.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

There are a lot over 60+ which is the criteria for the jabs. Yesterday, CM Ram hospital opened its doors for registration for the Moderna vaccine. At 9AM, the crowd of cars was already too late. The traffic jam was horrendous and thats only to signup and pre-pay for the vaccine coming on October sometime. Thousand and thousand flooded CM square yesterday

E548BFDC-BFA1-49E8-873F-5E6D6FA19B77.jpeg

C461F9A0-CE24-4653-96FC-05E1A8FCD85F.jpeg

2330DDDE-36A7-4B84-BF01-E7359B997BB3.jpeg

Also was a school day and that road is really terrible to begin with in the morning starting before Wattanotaipayap school and then on to the other schools in that area.

24 minutes ago, ChristyS said:

Yes I am a white foreigner in Phuket and registered  on PhuketMustWin.com to do so, but  after 2 weeks of waiting "pending approval" and  3 days of various calling and FB messaging, I got to someone who found out an arbitrary rule application from immigration  had me ineligible, they told me I was not registered in Phuket- from a hotel stay of one night in Trang,  been at the same house since 2012. 

Now it's too late, the site is closed and there are no more vaccination I was told by K Pracha, who runs the website 

Never not a fun day in La-La land of Bozo rules.

Edited by HolyCowCm

24 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No, @SickBuffalo is correct.  In 2019 Thai Immigration confirmed that there were 75,000 on a 'retirement extension of stay', in total (all nationalities) and I doubt it went up last year.

If true, I stand corrected

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inlandchris said:

Since its free to the Thai Gov’t why not 50% to the expats?

Why?  They were donated to "Thailand", not expats in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Inlandchris said:

Are we inferior? Are we not supporting the economy when everyone else is out of work during the COVID pandemic?  The expats that are still here (some left for fears of the pandemic), are supporting the Thai economy and vows to stay away from Thai politics, but why are we treated like stray dongs on the street? We are no better that any other human in Thailand and some of us actually help Thais in need or support Thais in need. Yes, we do provide a service and we do not just live off the land of miseries, we are the buffer during a fledgeling economy, please show us some respect as we do you.

For God's sake, enough of this constant whineing here about being "inferior", "second class citizens" and now "treated like stray dogs in the street".

First it was the nonsense about the disparity between Thais visiting Germany and Germans visiting Thailand for social security allowances and health cover - except they were comparing Thais in Germany who were working, migrants and naturalised Germans with Germans in Thailand who were tourists and retirees!

Then it was the garbage about discrimination and different rules for farangs going to Phuket - except the rules are identical, and the only 'discrimination' is between international and domestic arrivals regardless of nationality.

I think the vaccine distribution system here is way beyond appaling and that it should be prioritised by need, nothing else - age, vulnerability, profession (medical staff, etc) - regardless of nationality or location, but this constant whinging by some here about being "second class citizens" is beyond boring.

"Respect" has to be earnt, not just given away because of your nationality.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Is that speculation like I posted and thought would happen as another yet corrupt dishonorable action, or is their proof that you have seen? 

History tells us CM.

52 minutes ago, ChristyS said:

Well, at least you were able to register!

Where I live, in Isan, nobody's been able to register for a month - white, black, green, Thai or farang - and they've even taken down the tentage for vaccinations in my local hospital / vaccination centre, but opened up a self-contained accommodation block as a quarantine center instead.

3 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

You are right but where the hell you get Germany in the mix?

That was the comparison made, by a German.

5 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

And second, another user said there are only 75,000 foreigners in Thailand. If that is true, then my argument is mute! However, I thought statistics from immigration was private.

That was me!?

Personal information's private (or meant to be!), but they frequently publish stats.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

?? Where does it say “first in line”? The previous article is from TheThaiger. When have time, will find it again

First in line would be the statement of allocated 20% to Americans as you had posted. I never read anything of the such. Otherwise it would not mean anything and there is no first in line. But if it does say Americans, then we are first inline for that 20%, and I am not quite sure how many Americans are in Thailand at this point and time..

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

History tells us CM.

I agree and as stated would like to see the list of the who is who for who gets the coveted Pfizer jab. As said I think some of them who already got the jab will opt to get another jab with the golden egg vaccine.

So I would not wager on that one even with your money. : )

5 hours ago, Inlandchris said:

A previous article about the same subject revealed the Thai Gov’t would give 20% of the donated vaccine from the U.S. to go for U.S. citizens living in Thailand, expats. Its a nice jester but why only 20%? Since its free to the Thai Gov’t why not 50% to the expats? Are we inferior? Are we not supporting the economy when everyone else is out of work during the COVID pandemic?  The expats that are still here (some left for fears of the pandemic), are supporting the Thai economy and vows to stay away from Thai politics, but why are we treated like stray dongs on the street? We are no better that any other human in Thailand and some of us actually help Thais in need or support Thais in need. Yes, we do provide a service and we do not just live off the land of miseries, we are the buffer during a fledgeling economy, please show us some respect as we do you.

hi can you link to that article about a reserve for US please?

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai government plans to administer 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine to people over the age of 60 and to pregnant women. Priority will be given to those in areas with high rates of infection. The doses have been donated to Thailand by the US government. According to a Nation Thailand report, a leaked memo shows that the doses are expected to arrive in the Kingdom this month, for distribution in July and August. It’s understood the leaked memo contains the minutes of a meeting held on Sunday, in which a senior official said the Pfizer doses […]

The post 1.5 million Pfizer doses donated by US to go to senior citizens, pregnant women appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So guess when that time arrives we will see Thai  lady boys pretending to be pregnant 

CoVid19 has shown to cause miscarriages and increased bleeding from menstrual cycles in the majority of women than take it. Giving it to pregnant women is absolutely irresponsible.  Give it to those over 60. Everyone else can say yes or opt out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

So guess when that time arrives we will see Thai  lady boys pretending to be pregnant 

You lost me on that one. Straight over my head.

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

You lost me on that one. Straight over my head.

Ok I'll write it slowly.  This is a part quote from the article  "The Thai government plans to administer 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine to people over the age of 60 and to pregnant women"

The last 3 words in that is the clue for the reason for my comment  of Thai lady boys pretending to be pregnant - now all clear ?

11 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

It was in TheThaiger a few days ago, searching for it…its gone. I believe it has been deleted. I hope King Cotton/Admin will get involved to find out what happened to it.

I would be surprised if that was a requirement. America has donated to a couple dozen countries now and there is no report of any restrictions or requirements placed on the vaccines. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Pfizer is truly playing a blinder this year.

Biontech, the inventors of this vaccine, chose to partner with Pfizer for their distribution expertise. That turned out to be a great decision.

Pfizer clearly rescued Europe after the monumental cock-up that the EU bureaucracy made of the ordering process. Month after month, they have made massive deliveries and, while their competitors flounder, they keep ramping up their capacity.

What cock-up? I can't see no cock-up.
Biontech, German research.
Pfizer, produced vaccin in Puurs, Belgium, and exported worldwide, including UK, US, Canada (Trudeau even visited the plant 2 weeks ago), Israel.
EU ordered AZ even before the UK, but the contract was not fullfilled by AZ, hence no more orders from EU: we don't trust them.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Interesting.  Do you also know how many were on a 'marriage extension of stay'? Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai government plans to administer 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine to people over the age of 60 and to pregnant women.

Pregnant women!  The most fragile of humans carrying new life and the promise for the future.

I thought that with dr Yong pleading for vaccinating all children +3 years old in Thailand with the vax-poison, that one could not sink any lower.  But I was wrong.  He has been outdone by these evil monsters planning covid-vaccination for pregnant women.  I am speechless that such a mix of greed, stupidity and pure evilness does not result in total outrage in the population.  Do we really need to wait for the first spontaneous abortions from these 'effective and 100% safe covid-vaccine' (more than +1.000.000 adverse effects reports alone in the US, EU and UK) before this madness will be stopped?

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

What cock-up? I can't see no cock-up.

That was my point. The EU bureaucracy's initial, inexplicable three month delay in placing their orders put them well behind at first. It caused quite a furore at the time as the UK roared ahead.

Pfizer's speed at ramping up their production was what allowed the EU to catch up. They are now at 35% fully vaccinated, while the UK is at 50%. The initial cock-up will soon be forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Biontech, German research.
Pfizer, produced vaccin in Puurs, Belgium, and exported worldwide, including UK, US, Canada

I was talking about the EU bureaucracy. You are talking about a German company and a Belgian facility. Not the same thing.

Europe is great but was badly let down by having an unaccountable EU civil service who were apparently unaware that ordering the vaccine was an urgent task.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

EU ordered AZ even before the UK, but the contract was not fullfilled by AZ

That is simply not true.

The UK made a massive order at full asking price long before anyone even knew if the vaccine would work. They did that to fund the development. Other countries added orders and it was understood that orders would be fulfilled on a "First come, first served" order, regardless of where the individual batches were produced.

The EU ordered a full three months later. Communication within the EU was so poor that everyone just presumed they had already submitted their order. When it came out that the order had not been made, everyone was incredulous.

Asked how this could possibly have happened, the relevant department said that they required a longer negotiation process to ensure that EU tax payers got the best possible price. This was for a vaccine that already only cost a few Euros per shot.

AstraZeneca wanted to deliver to customers in the exact order in which they had ordered but the EU leadership felt under extreme pressure. Their incompetence was costing European lives. It made them look bad in comparison to the UK. This was a touchy situation because it seemed to vindicate Brexit.

When AstraZeneca's delivery schedule started to slip due to manufacturing problems, they wanted to continue fulfilling in order. The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, panicked and took the unprecedented step of suggesting that the EU would commandeer any supply produced within the EU because, she claimed, AZ were now in breach of their contractual obligation to make a "best effort" to deliver within a certain timeframe. She also suggested that AZ were cheating by delivering the UK more than they had ordered.

It later turned out that none of this was true, and her legal actions were all rejected. The claimed production difficulties were real and everyone received what they had ordered later than they expected.

The previous President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, publicly criticized Ursula von der Leyen for undermining the EU's credibility as a manufacturing base. State interference should not be a factor that a manufacturer has to worry about in a modern economy.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

hence no more orders from EU: we don't trust them.

No. The EU medical authorities do not trust the safety of the vaccine for the younger age groups they are now working through.

They may well not trust the company, but that is not why they are not making more orders. They simply no longer need them because, my main point, Pfizer stepped up and exceeded expectations.

Edited by SickBuffalo

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well, at least you were able to register!

Where I live, in Isan, nobody's been able to register for a month - white, black, green, Thai or farang - and they've even taken down the tentage for vaccinations in my local hospital / vaccination centre, but opened up a self-contained accommodation block as a quarantine center instead.

No it was "pending" and never approved... and they only have a line group to ask questions, although I'm told it is useless.  I had to send messages on the DEPA facebook page ( Thai govt webmasters)   then finally got through to someone who took my details and did find out the problem, then the site  it was  closed for new registration  

2 hours ago, EdwardV said:

I would be surprised if that was a requirement. America has donated to a couple dozen countries now and there is no report of any restrictions or requirements placed on the vaccines. 

Agree, of course the US State dept could just do what China and France have done and make vaccines available to Americans through private hospital systems,  but the Ambassador has actually suggested US expats  fly back to USA  instead, incurring $ thousands in expenses and untold hassles regarding testing, quarantines, etc.,  not to mention the risk associated with getting into various sealed tubes with a hundreds of  others for about 30 hours of travel time. Time to recall Ambassador Heath  https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-remove-chargé-d-affaires-michael-heath-thai-ambassador/c/821258377

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Interesting.  Do you also know how many were on a 'marriage extension of stay'? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, can't help - I can recall the 'retirement' stat as it was discussed, but not 'marriage'.

• Thanks 1