News Forum - Thai restaurant staff attacked by customer in the US

Thaiger

An American man attacked a Thai man working in a Thai restaurant in the United States last week after the establishment refused to give him free food. A reporter from KGO-TV San Francisco, Dion Lim, shared footage and details of the episode at the Thai restaurant in Berkeley, California. The incident happened on Wednesday, November 9 at about 5pm. This customer, upset he couldn’t get free food went on the attack at a Berkeley Thai restaurant Weds 11/9 around 5:15pm. The nephew of the owner was kicked & punched. 2 Good Samaritan diners jumped into help, holding the susp down […]

The story Thai restaurant staff attacked by customer in the US as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The shit my wife deals with at the Thai restaurant is ridiculous 

People are such assh*les

It's more of a casual place you order at the counter

She never dealt with all this crap when she worked in more formal sit down Thai restaurants 

6 minutes ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

I don't understand how a death in the family entitled him to free food and give him the right to attack others when denied ? 

Neither do I, but a pound to a pinch of crap, he'll have an explanation. Animal.

• Like 1

Sarah told the media that she had never experienced an Asian hate crime since she opened her restaurant over a decade ago.

Just because the victim is Asian, it does not make it an Asian hate crime. It is just a criminal act unless there is some evidence to support that it was a hate crime.

Edited by Loong
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ShibaBud said:

I sense nuance of racism here. He would not have dared do the same in a white, black, Latino restaurant.

Wouldn’t he? How do you know that? What difference would it make to a violent thug? 

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

Wouldn’t he? How do you know that? What difference would it make to a violent thug? 

This particular case it may not have been

But there has been a very big increase in Asian hate crimes in the US

My wife is not someone who complains but she will often say that she feels her and her friends are discriminated against a lot when they go out

And she does feel a lot of the ridiculous shit she deals with at the restaurant is simply because they are Asian

And that's in a very Asian populous Vancouver 

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

This particular case it may not have been

But there has been a very big increase in Asian hate crimes in the US

My wife is not someone who complains but she will often say that she feels her and her friends are discriminated against a lot when they go out

And she does feel a lot of the ridiculous shit she deals with at the restaurant is simply because they are Asian

And that's in a very Asian populous Vancouver 

Yes, I believe there has been an increase in such crimes as some of these knuckleheads can’t distinguish a Thai from a Chinese. Covid 19 I think has been the excuse for this in their warped minds. 

Im sorry to hear your wife and her friends feel they have been discriminated against. What kind of things has she felt discriminated about. Hopefully nothing violent? 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Im sorry to hear your wife and her friends feel they have been discriminated against. What kind of things has she felt discriminated about. Hopefully nothing violent? 

Just mostly when they are out at more Westernized restaurants as a group

They feel they aren't treated well

And Thais aren't ones to be overly fussy

And at work, they feel a lot of the rudeness they get is because they are Asian

My wife used to come to NYC with me a lot but we no longer bring her

There was just way too many random attacks to take the chance

But she felt perfectly safe when we lived in Boston last summer 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 4:43 PM, PatrickSatoLee said:

I don't understand how a death in the family entitled him to free food and give him the right to attack others when denied ? 

Now he gets free meals doing his time behind bars. Eat all you can and enjoy. Low life 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am well versed with Berekely since the Bay Area is my home area. Been their over a hundred or so times for many different things, including shows and concerts and working. There ahs always been and always will have some nut jobs in that city so it is not surprising, but I don't think it is a race crime, more like a character looking like from the Hangover movie with a few marbles missing..