News Forum - Worldwide sperm counts declining at alarming rates according to new research

Thaiger

Worldwide sperm counts are reportedly declining at alarming rates with humans faced with a reproduction crisis if actions are not taken. This is according to a study published in the journal Human Reproduction Update. According to The Guardian, a study published in the journal details 153 estimates of men suggesting that the average sperm concentration fell 51.6 per cent between 1973 and 2018. Total sperm count fell by 62.3 per cent during the same period. The same research team found in 2017 that sperm concentration more than halved in the last 40 years in the regions of North America, Australia, […]

The story Worldwide sperm counts declining at alarming rates according to new research as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If there is, in fact, something to this study and sperm counts in men are actually declining at a rapid and accelerating rate, then it is certainly research worth pursuing for humanity's sake; we ain't got much of a future if we aren't able to reproduce. 

That said, it just seems like a weird field of study.

Teacher: Johnny, what do you want to do when you grow up?

Johnny: I want to be a Fireman!

Teacher: Lucy, what about you?

Lucy: I want to become a Nurse!

Teacher: Hagai?

Hagai: I want to count sperm!

Teacher: Go wash your hands, Hagai.

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see this as a good thing. The world has too many people already. Let's let the population in 2 the largest populated countries fall to a mere few hundred million and not their irrespoinsible billions and then everything will be ok. It's not like it is genocide, it is a means of the earth to survive comfortably.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, totally agree, this is simply Mother Earth taking steps to ensure survival of the planet.

It is the unchecked propogation of man to unsustainable levels which has resulted in loss of valuable forests, many wildlife species, even the bees, without which this planet would be made uninhabitable.

• Like 4

On 11/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, Thaiger said:

Hagai Levine, a professor who first authored the research from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, says the results indicate that there is something wrong with the world.

There's a name I've not come across before.

• Haha 1

If you start injecting animals with female hormones then you kind of expect this.

Dont matter to me though. Last thing I need is more kids.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

If you start injecting animals with female hormones then you kind of expect this.

Dont matter to me though. Last thing I need is more kids.

I didn't know there were any young goats on the horizon?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

I didn't know there were any young goats on the horizon?

I am going to assume you mean "Greatest of all time" here.

• Haha 1