Asoke - Hotel Clover - affordable 4 star luxury in the heart of the city

KaptainRob

Based on a personal recommendation we booked a 3 night stay with 3 rooms and are thoroughly enjoying this visit with friends and family.

Clover is 5 minutes easy walk from Asoke BTS, Sukhumvit MRT and Terminal 21.   At only 9 floors and with beautiful decor throughout, Clover has a boutique hotel feel and quality of service one might expect in larger 5 star properties.

Beds are super comfortable and the rooms equipped with all amenities including a pod coffee machine.  We scored a corner room, an -11, with a panoramic city view from its 90 degree wraparound window.  This room also has a settee and is slightly larger than most.

20221115_072439.thumb.jpg.a68b5da62bf0e06d6afb485607bebedf.jpg

That was an early morning shot just before breakfast which is served in the rooftop restaurant, also the location of a bar, gym and pool with view toward Asoke intersection.

20221115_073300.thumb.jpg.fbc3ef2958d647e83b976a8c0a5c9d7b.jpg

I shall add more photos after tomorrow's breakfast buffet which I look forward to as one of the best I've enjoyed anywhere in BKK other than 5 star properties. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 5:24 PM, Rookiescot said:

Pool and gym are useless to me. 

Whats the bar like?

Bar is rooftop adjacent the pool or one may drink inside the aircon restaurant area. 

There's a Foodland eatery and supermarket 100m down the soi which serve superb quality food and beer ... so good weve had an evening meal there twice as our luncheons have been more upmarket.

A 7-11 is next door to Clover also motorcycle taxis which we've used twice to get around to lower Suk shopping areas.  Despie Apec security and a massive Police presence outside the hotel weve not been inconvenienced.  Some MFA staffers are staying here as Q Sirikit centre is just a short stroll away.

• Like 2

Clover is undoubtedly one of the best located, most comfortable and well staffed hotels we've tested in Bangkok over the years.  Booking was made well in advance and @~1600 bt per night including a sumptuous breakfast buffer it is a property we'll return to again and again.

20221117_072307.thumb.jpg.5739e7f4b4941d54dd778e5da8c37a72.jpg950770102_20221115_073745(1).thumb.jpg.1a047fd0c27db3189f0a4dd13ec266ae.jpg

Eggs or noodle soups are cooked to order and the hot selection includes different dishes each day.

There's a salad and fruit bar plus toast, muffins and pancakes.  staff are discrete yet on hand to serve food and coffee if required.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Shhhh

I told you to not tell people about our fantastic Soi 16!!    😀

Haha ... Sorry pal. 

We did a circuit of Sukhumvit to K Village ànd back on motocyii taxis, quite a thrilling ride, and also walked the length of 16 to check out your secret spots.  Had a quick look inside Gardina and a few other joints ... All very tidy and refreshingly different to the other side of town. 

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Dennis said:

Cheapest room 3000 Baht? 

Nah, that's too much.

I see 2k baht/nt

Which I don't think is that great of a deal for what the hotel is

I think 1500 baht is about right