News Forum - Tourists not keen on travelling to Hong Kong under current restrictions

Thaiger

It was thought that the relaxation of pre-pandemic measures in Hong Kong would see tourists flocking back but that’s not the case. Travel agents in Hong Kong revealed there is still a dearth of visitors to the special administrative region of China despite the relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions. Hong Kong travel agencies made known that tourists are coming back in dribs and drabs rather than in organized tour groups but believe the current 0+3 rule is putting people off. There is no quarantine as such, but all visitors must check their health for three days on arrival. During those three […]

The story Tourists not keen on travelling to Hong Kong under current restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think maybe support for things related and controlled by the CCP are negatively looked at.  Sorry Hong Kong and it’s good people who were totally squashed of freedom life. Get the CCP out abs maybe Hung King will theive again. 
Doesn’t surprise me who posted this article either. 

I don’t understand what this Bob Scott is trying to report on. There are clearly still relatively strict Covid measures in place in Hong Kong. This is like the situation was back in Thailand around the end of 2021. Tourists weren’t flocking back to Thailand then either. Neither were they flocking back to any country who had these types of restrictions in place. Just a nothing story I’m afraid. Perhaps Bob could do something more useful for a while and come back when he’s got a proper news story.  

On 11/15/2022 at 7:10 AM, Soidog said:

I don’t understand what this Bob Scott is trying to report on. There are clearly still relatively strict Covid measures in place in Hong Kong. This is like the situation was back in Thailand around the end of 2021. Tourists weren’t flocking back to Thailand then either. Neither were they flocking back to any country who had these types of restrictions in place. Just a nothing story I’m afraid. Perhaps Bob could do something more useful for a while and come back when he’s got a proper news story.  

I disagree, it is a story, Hong Kong has been advertising that it did away with quarantine weeks ago and things are getting back to normal. I get Cathay Pacific emails every couple of days. It looks like there are very few takers. Perhaps people don't want to travel to another "mainland China city".

4 hours ago, Leo said:

I disagree, it is a story, Hong Kong has been advertising that it did away with quarantine weeks ago and things are getting back to normal. I get Cathay Pacific emails every couple of days. It looks like there are very few takers. Perhaps people don't want to travel to another "mainland China city".

So what is the story then? Hong Kong hasn’t removed all Covid restrictions and so tourism is down? Well is that really a surprise? Is it really something we don’t know and we need Bob to inform us about?  

I would imagine Bob’s follow up story in future will be: Hong Kong tourism starts to return to normal as all Covid restrictions removed. Well who would have thought that then…