News Forum - Road repair on Patong Hill may take more than 2 months

Thaiger

The extensive road damage due to landslides on Patong Hill is now expected to take longer to repair than the original 45-day prediction. Pounding rains and land erosion have severely damaged the road which has been closed and opened several times to varying degrees in an attempt to allow people to pass between Patong and Kathu. After heavy rains caused damage closing the road, officials first reopened the road to foot traffic only. Then when the roads were stabilised a week later, authorities began to allow motorbikes to pass over Patong Hill. The road had just been reopened to small […]

The story Road repair on Patong Hill may take more than 2 months as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

he extensive road damage due to landslides on Patong Hill is now expected to take longer to repair than the original 45-day prediction.

Original 45 days? I thought, they wanted to do a "7day" repair?

And still, watching the Patak Road repair to Kata, they are on "for ever", and that might be a longer stretch of road, just a lot less deep, I do not think, they finish the Patong Hill road before next rainy season. 

And the doomsayer I see in the mirror, sometimes, predict: It will not last very long

It's causing havoc near me, it takes over an hour to drive 3 kms to my local supermarket now, just a suggestion to Tops at Poto de Phuket,  please open earlier than 10am so we can keep the congestion to a minimum. Not a very good thought out road plan, would hate to see the only road in and out if there was a tsunami.  No chance!!!!