Jump to content

Guardian to retirement extension


Recommended Posts

Has anyone had experience in transferring from Guardian extension to retirement extension? 

It is my sons last year at school here in Thailand and I want to change 'guardian visa' to extension based on retirement. 

What paperwork is required, can the change be done anytime during my guardian extension duration? I am aware that I will need money in bank for 3 months prior to change. 

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never heard of a 'guardian' extension. I assume you mean an extension based on Thai child?

Yes, you can change the reason for your extension to that of retirement, assuming you're 50 years of age and meet the financial requirement. It's 800K THB in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months prior to the date of submitting your application.

Financial requirements here;  35-2561 (2019 (changed clause 2.22 of 327-2557 ENG.pdf 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use