News Forum - What are US midterm elections?

Thaiger

US midterm elections are elections held during the middle of a president’s four-year term in office (so two years into their term). These elections are held on the Tuesday after the first Monday of November.  During midterms, all 435 seats in the US House of Representatives are up for election. This year, 35 out of the 100 senate seats are up for election. Thirty-six states and three territories will also elect their governors for four-year terms during midterm elections.  This year, almost 250 million people in the US are eligible to vote in midterm elections.  Republicans currently hold 50 seats […]

The story What are US midterm elections? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 hours ago, LuckyStrike said:

Sadly true.

Well it doesn't look like it will be the Red Tsunami so many wingnuts were bragging about 

Dems will likely still lose the house and even maybe the Senate, although I think they will hold on

If Georgia goes to a run-off, Walker won't win.

He was carried by the Kemp vote tonight 

And I think more important is a lot of the more extreme MAGA Republicans did not win

As a Democrat I'm fine with the Republicans winning the House by a small margin without electing a lot of the MAGA crazily scum

Hopefully Democrats look at crime and some of the over-the-top w*keness issues 

I don't count inflation. The whole world is experiencing inflation 

It looks like a very good outcome for Democrats in a historical sense of midterm elections 

And Biden will once again outperform all the recent past Presidents in the midterms 

One other thing 

With how well DeSantis has done

Republicans are insane to choose Trump over him

Trump is losing massive steam nationally 

DeSantis would have a huge chance of winning in 2024

While Trump is once again spreading election lies all night