News Forum - Thai physician raises concerns over Omicron mutations as cases rise

Thaiger

One of Thailand’s top respiratory experts is urging the nation to be on guard for Omicron subvariants of the Covid-19 virus after the World Health Organization (WHO) raised concerns about mutations of the disease. The WHO last week raised concerns about the public health implications of the rise of some Omicron variants, specifically XBB and its sublineages (indicated as XBB*), as well as BQ.1 and its sublineages (indicated as BQ.1*), which were discussed. Manoon Leechawengwongs, a pulmonologist with Vichaiyut Hospital in Bangkok, backed the WHO’s concerns adding that infections caused by subvariants of the Omicron strain have risen since last […]

The story Thai physician raises concerns over Omicron mutations as cases rise as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

26 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

One of Thailand’s top respiratory experts is urging the nation to be on guard for Omicron subvariants of the Covid-19 virus after the World Health Organization (WHO) raised concerns about mutations of the disease

Can you please tell me what lab developed this new strain(s)? Surely there must be something else close to release (after monkey pox shrivelled to nothing) to lay this tired old horse to rest

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Moderna Booster?  I have contacted ALL hospitals in Khon Kaen and none of the have any and also have no plans to get any.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, IsaanMan2 said:

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Moderna Booster?  I have contacted ALL hospitals in Khon Kaen and none of the have any and also have no plans to get any.

No idea about your district but we just walked into a local hospital and was given a choice of Pfizer or Moderna. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

No idea about your district but we just walked into a local hospital and was given a choice of Pfizer or Moderna. 

I don't know about Pfizer (or others) but Moderna have tweeked the vaccine and it's now officially called Moderna Plus. It covers existing variants but can't keep up with new variants. No doubt they will be tweeking ad infinitum.

• Haha 1