News Forum - Thailand Cannabis Travel Guide

Thaiger

The legalisation of cannabis in Thailand in June brought a whole new meaning to the term ‘High Season.’ Tourists are welcome to buy and consume cannabis in Thailand, so long as they are over 20 years old and not pregnant or breastfeeding. But smoking weed in Thailand is just the tip of the iceberg. The legalisation of the versatile plant opened up a whole new cannabis-centred world that is just waiting to be explored by budding weed tourists. Whether you are looking for a recreational, medicinal, gastronomical, or educational experience – there is no shortage of interesting and unique cannabis […]

The story Thailand Cannabis Travel Guide as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

But smoking weed in Thailand is just the tip of the iceberg.

Lettuce pray it's not all smoke and mirrors in Siamsterdam then .. 

• Haha 2

Have been out of the country for a few months and trying to catch up on this.  Last i heard it was legal for medical use and they had some extremely low THC recreational that was allowed.  Is it now full on legal to purchase, carry, and use now?

As far as I know, the article is NOT sponsored.  It is an information piece authored by a Thai/Burmese expert in cultivation and proper use of cannabis.

Self promotion by new members is not permitted without prior consent.

Notice to members;
The article in question, as confirmed by management, is not a sponsored ad.
Any further discussion in that regard will be immediately removed.

A member who joined the forum for no other reason than to promote his own website, make false allegations, post in an offensive/abusive manner to a member of the Admin team, with no intent to make any worthwhile contribution, other than being argumentative and disruptive, has been removed.

Read the forum rules for posting advertising content.

Admin.

On 11/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, MrNovax said:

Have been out of the country for a few months and trying to catch up on this.  Last i heard it was legal for medical use and they had some extremely low THC recreational that was allowed.  Is it now full on legal to purchase, carry, and use now?

Well, this is what I understood too but I went away from 3 months and everybody are talking a different story since I am back searly Spetember (too much weed I guess),and until just this minute, I could not figure this one out, as usual in Thailand, nobody seems to have a clue. TheThaiger removed names of webistes mentioned by one of the posters but it seems they forgot one... I just went on that website (so obviously no point to mention it as it will be removed). It is legal to buy, sell, grow and smoke in your private home (not in public but apparently some coffee shops are popping up everywhere), but THC cannot exceed...0.2%!! So this "legalisation" is just as useless to smokers than alcohol free beers to drinkers.

• Thanks 1

As I understand the legislation, you must register and receive a licence to grow or sell cannabis.
Foreigners are permitted to buy and smoke cannabis at home or in licenced establishments, but cannot register to grow cannabis at home for personal use.

https://thethaiger.com/guides/cannabis/can-foreigners-legally-grow-cannabis-in-thailand#:~:text=The Thaiger contacted the Ministry,in Thailand without Thai citizenship.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Faz said:

As I understand the legislation, you must register and receive a licence to grow or sell cannabis.
Foreigners are permitted to buy and smoke cannabis at home or in licenced establishments, but cannot register to grow cannabis at home for personal use.

https://thethaiger.com/guides/cannabis/can-foreigners-legally-grow-cannabis-in-thailand#:~:text=The Thaiger contacted the Ministry,in Thailand without Thai citizenship.”

Yes, I forgot to mention about the licence (I did not know about foreigners not allowed...now I know, I do not like it). But I was also told by my Thai friends that you are allowed to grow up to 4 plants at home without a licence. Although with 0.2% max. THC, unless you need it for medical purpose, I do not see the point.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Manu said:

But I was also told by my Thai friends that you are allowed to grow up to 4 plants at home without a licence.

As far as I'm aware, you have to register even for growing a single plant at home.
The maximum being 15 for personal home use.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2371760/new-bill-outlines-limits-on-ganja-use#:~:text=Mr Parnthep said Section 18,without paying any registration fees.

As usual, the Bill is as clear as mud.

• Like 1