News Forum - Tourism officials plan big campaigns for Chiang Mai

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has planned several big campaigns to draw visitors to the world renowned province of Chiang Mai during the high season from November to March.  One campaign is titled, “Northern Charm of the Past”. This campaign is centred around the culture of the historic Lanna kingdom, which Chiang Mai used to be part of. The campaign will target working people, multi-generational families, and active seniors. Another campaign is titled “North X Clusive”. This campaign is focused on local craftsmanship. The “North Experience Festival” will help tourists visit ancient temples and pay respects for good fortune. […]

The story Tourism officials plan big campaigns for Chiang Mai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good to see TAT diverging from its usual pushing of Bangkok Phuket etc. Hopefully this will see the start of a push to showcase more of the 'less travelled' parts of the country.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Good to see TAT diverging from its usual pushing of Bangkok Phuket etc. Hopefully this will see the start of a push to showcase more of the 'less travelled' parts of the country.

Chiang Mai is usually one of the cities people 1st visit when they go to Thailand

Most i've know do beaches then CM

We don’t need this rotten un- attached tomatoe for us in CM. Guy is gung-ho a - hole. 
CM needs to be low key as it is with a big population for university or just live here. This idiot needs shock therapy 

• Haha 1

Chiang Mai is usually one of the cities people 1st visit when they go to Thailand

Most i've know do beaches then CM.

I agree but it is rarely featured by TAT, my comment was intended to be read as now that TAT are pushing CM maybe this will be the first step in them pushing other, Less Visited, places in Thailand.