News Forum - Thailand News Today | Thailand will officially enter winter tomorrow

Thaiger

Thailand to officially enter winter on October 29 Thailand will officially enter winter on Saturday, October 29, reports the Meteorological Department. The department says winter will last until the end of February 2023 and is expected to be colder than usual this year. Up in the mountains, temperatures will reach lows of 8 degrees Celsius, said the department. Earlier this month, the department said that Bangkok could reach lows of 15 degrees Celsius by the end of the month. However, today the department reported that Bangkok would reach lows of 17-19 degrees this winter. Last winter, the average minimum temperature […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thailand will officially enter winter tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Winter" - Thailand doesn't have winter - that's part of a 4 season cycle in temperate climes. Thailand has 3 cycles. (2 in the South) the one starting now is "   ฤดูหนาว" = cold season.

When do they have spring summer and autumn?

Edited by cowslip

I live my life by the saying 'ne'er cast a clout til May is out'. It helps gets me through the cold winter months here in Pattaya anyway. Snow expected by middle of next week. 

Top tip: Makro have nice line of Long Johns this year. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cowslip said:

When do they have spring summer and autumn?

If the Met Department states Thailand has a winter, then it has a winter. Just ask TAT, they're never wrong.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

I live my life by the saying 'ne'er cast a clout til May is out'

Tyke talk!

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Top tip: Makro have nice line of Long Johns this year. 

Makro are selling Pirates 😵
Do they come in pieces of eight and a free parrot.  🦜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Ski jackets and thermals for the locals will do a roaring trade at 15 degrees.

You're forgetting the 3 layers of clothes, hat, scarf, gloves, the women don ........ and that's just before they get under the duvet at bedtime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faz said:

You're forgetting the 3 layers of clothes, hat, scarf, gloves, the women don ........ and that's just before they get under the duvet at bedtime.

Made me think of this pic of my MIL her 1st day in Canada

Looks like we kidnapped her.  5555

My wife was a bit more  ready for her 1st ski trip.  😀

1633373022536.jpg

FB_IMG_1629049952686.jpg

• Like 1