Thaiger Talk Quiz #112 - Airlines in Thailand

BigHewer

Quiz #112

We're taking to the skies in our latest quiz, with a look at airlines based in Thailand. How much do you know? Can you soar to a score of 5 out of 5 or will there be problems with take off? Good luck, folks.

1.thumb.jpg.cfa727e3e5eeb969d2d127b98cfb25ad.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.d8d16fd6d8b432b02de8e1f592d7d05e.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0dc489838fdc47101e77cbe4cbe3b374.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.89f33b7374a4d10be87ff0c9de6afcda.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.fed07b8ad5398169e91bdb7d71538ea1.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.d60d1327142125d436dfbbe3db7bdcd5.jpg

And here are the answers...

7.thumb.jpg.1355088c78f8901e0361c81a0b6f657e.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.12fc05a690fbe352b53c3598e893883c.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.ef22d2e05e4e92fd00ed323d3b027153.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.b722499cb1dc4b1beace3189ede13ea7.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.b18b7bdd2563c1ef07d75f895ee3a31c.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.950d61f55b6a12f0d0baa8503e91d980.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

4/5

(I think the blue banner with 'Name that Temple' probably needs changing).

Thanks. We had a wee technical issue, but all sorted now 👍🏻

• Like 1

Too easy. 5/5. I have literally flown inside of Thailand several hundreds of times on all airlines. Used to love One 2 Go and their MD-80 jets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Too easy. 5/5. I have literally flown inside of Thailand several hundreds of times on all airlines. Used to love One 2 Go and their MD-80 jets.

Which would be your preferred domestic airline from the ones left?

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Which would be your preferred domestic airline from the ones left?

I use a few of them. I seem to pick and fly with Vietjet alot as they go to Suvarnabhumi my preferred choice, and the price is ok. Lately Thai Smile has been raising their prices and the schedule wasn't matching my needs, but I like Thai Airways and Thai Smile. Will fly Nok next Tuesday to Don Muang, but until Don Muang gets the elevated train near it, then it is not my favorite but doable. Then 8 days later I will fly Vietjet back home because ending the trip with some fun with a few days in Pattaya.

BTW. Left out Kan air. Only flew them once.

Nok is OK as long as you make the flight and don't change the dates, and they have a lot of daily flights. Lion is ok but then again goes to DMK. Bangkok Airways if you can get the right good price is great, but then they have had a habit in the past of delays, and not little ones. But I am a memeber of them and need to book a flight for next year to use up airmiles or lose them. If you absolutley need to be somehwere on a certain time, then if you take Bangkok Air, make sure you have plenty of buffer time.

End of November I wil l fly on Vietjet to Bangkok for a Golf invitation and come back on Thai Smile. Member of both these airlines. I have flown Vietjet to Ho Chi Mihn probably 4 times so 6 total go and back. Smile is ok, basically Thai airways and you know what to expect.

There is only one airline I avoid like the plague and that is the one that has red colors and starts with an A. But if no choice I would fly them but you have to make sure you buy the right luggage weight and make sure you don't change anything or you might just get some steam coming out of your ears and your wallet will definetely lighter. Seats are so close to the fornt seat and ectremely uncomfortable. Hot stewardesses but they have a format that is not the best. I have seen more people yelling at the poor girls at the booth at CM aiport as they had to pay extra and extra. Not heir fault, just a crumby compnay policy that gouges.

So my choice is Vietjet and Thai Smile with Bangkok Airways if they are ontime. All Suvarnabhumi based. Then NoK, and last one only if have to. Thai Airways and Thai Smile are my first.

The only thing people really need to be aware of is holidays. All of them seem to double or triple the rates to and from Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So my choice is Vietjet and Thai Smile with Bangkok Airways if they are ontime. All Suvarnabhumi based. Then NoK, and last one only if have to. Thai Airways and Thai Smile are my first.

I have flown all except VietJet. Not as often as you, but my order is the same.

Pleasantly surprised when I flew Thai Smile and the luggage fee was included. The only delays I’ve experienced have been with the airline starting with A 😁

Back in 2009 I was holidaying in Indonesia when Mount Merapi erupted. Loads of flights were canceled, including two of mine. Lion Air gave me a cash refund on the spot in less than 5 minutes. The airline starting with A issued me with a “credit shell” to be redeemed within a year, which I never used. Such nonsense. I avoid it when I can.

I’ll give VietJet a whirl one of these days.

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I have flown all except VietJet. Not as often as you, but my order is the same.

Pleasantly surprised when I flew Thai Smile and the luggage fee was included. The only delays I’ve experienced have been with the airline starting with A 😁

Back in 2009 I was holidaying in Indonesia when Mount Merapi erupted. Loads of flights were canceled, including two of mine. Lion Air gave me a cash refund on the spot in less than 5 minutes. The airline starting with A issued me with a “credit shell” to be redeemed within a year, which I never used. Such nonsense. I avoid it when I can.

I’ll give VietJet a whirl one of these days.

Thai Smile is as good as Thai airways as they are the same, but I like Thai Airways with larger planes. Don't know why just my thing. The A airline is notorious for bending someone over and telling you that you must take insertion and that is that. My freind just got s*rewed but them out of a ticket. He did a date change on the internet, it accepted it and then it erased itself. ticket gone. I know way toooooo many bad stories from the A airlines from friends and even myslef. Not surpised to hear you say it as well.

Vietjet is ok in my book, but their prices lately have been jumping up a little as well. Heed the Bangkok Airways advice. For meetings in Bangkok I stopped taking them as unpredictable, but going home not a big problem. Thye are very comfortable if on time. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I know way toooooo many bad stories from the A airlines from friends and even myslef. Not surpised to hear you say it as well.

It must be stressful working the desks for them. The other classic move is when someone has to check in baggage due to weight or size issues and they charge quite a lot more than pre-booked check in. I haven’t been stung but I’ve witnessed it.

I only fly with them when there is no other viable option. And when I do, I don’t change anything and make sure my bags are underweight and undersize.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

It must be stressful working the desks for them. The other classic move is when someone has to check in baggage due to weight or size issues and they charge quite a lot more than pre-booked check in. I haven’t been stung but I’ve witnessed it.

I only fly with them when there is no other viable option. And when I do, I don’t change anything and make sure my bags are underweight and undersize.

Seems like you know them well. Stung is the great term when dealing with them. My daughters friend is a behind the counter gal. I’m sure she takes a heap of insults. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 5:09 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Thai Smile is as good as Thai airways as they are the same, but I like Thai Airways with larger planes. Don't know why just my thing. The A airline is notorious for bending someone over and telling you that you must take insertion and that is that. My freind just got s*rewed but them out of a ticket. He did a date change on the internet, it accepted it and then it erased itself. ticket gone. I know way toooooo many bad stories from the A airlines from friends and even myslef. Not surpised to hear you say it as well.

Vietjet is ok in my book, but their prices lately have been jumping up a little as well. Heed the Bangkok Airways advice. For meetings in Bangkok I stopped taking them as unpredictable, but going home not a big problem. Thye are very comfortable if on time. 

Larger planes are so much easier to board and deplane and have much better selection for seats

And I feel they are a smoother ride

I will take a little bit longer flight from Vancouver to US if it's a bigger plane with 2 aisles vs a smaller plane with only one aisle 

• Like 1