News Forum - Police chief removed from position after massive raid on Bangkok drug party

Thaiger

UPDATE The saga around the hundreds of Chinese nationals arrested in Bangkok continues… After police conducted a massive raid on a drug party in Bangkok early yesterday morning, one police chief has been removed from his position. Police Colonel Thanachot Rerkdee was removed from his position as Yannawa district police chief for reportedly accepting bribery and allowing the operation of an illegal entertainment venue in the district.  Police had busted a total of 266 people in the raid on an illegal nightclub located inside three adjacent buildings. Out of those 266 people, 237 were Chinese nationals. About 104 of the […]

The story Police chief removed from position after massive raid on Bangkok drug party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

I wonder how many of them will actually spend more than 24h in detention... 😀

Any information on how much the entrance costs in this kind of places ?? !! lol

• Haha 1

"He has now been removed from his position as Superintendent of the Yannawa district until further notice".  Really? Define 'further notice' for me, please?

I am sure you meant to say something along the lines of 'he has now been suspended from all duties pending the outcome of an investigation and is facing criminal charges for his actions'. Of course, as a full Colonel in the RTP, he is near on bulletproof, so will manage to take his ill-gotten gains and fade gently into the woodwork.

I just wonder, though, who (higher up the ladder) he was slipping little brown envelopes to...

15 hours ago, Pi_Tim said:

I wonder how many of them will actually spend more than 24h in detention

The ones that can afford the 'fine' will already be out and anonymous. Of course, they will have had to forfeit all their drugs as part of their 'punishment'...

16 hours ago, Cabra said:

Sounds like the sacrificial lamb has been slaughtered

That is very high ranking for a sacrificial lamb. One wonders who HE is now protecting - police or politican...

• Like 1