News Forum - Chinese government accuses protesters of illegally entering consulate in Manchester

Thaiger

The Chinese government is responding to a video of a Hong Kong pro-democracy protester being assaulted at the consulate in Manchester by saying such protesters illegally entered the grounds. According to Hong Kong Free Press, British police say a group of men came out from the consulate during a peaceful demonstration and dragged one of the protesters inside the building and assaulted him. But Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin says the protesters were to blame. “Violation of the peace and dignity of China’s overseas embassies and consulates will not be tolerated. The troublemakers illegally entered the Chinese Consulate-General in […]

The story Chinese government accuses protesters of illegally entering consulate in Manchester as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Violation of the peace and dignity of China’s overseas embassies and consulates will not be tolerated"....

And the beatings will continue until peace and dignity prevails 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Talk about alternative facts! One thing I’ve never understood is how, when faced with overwhelming and unequivocal truth, people can still argue something different. These nut job Chinese in Manchester or the Russians claiming the drones hitting Kiev aren’t Iranian. I mean, WTF. Mind blowing! 

• Like 2

It’s pointless even having a conversation with brainwashed robots like this goon. Kick him and the rest of those involved out. Beijing will respond in kind and move on. These people are just heathens and liars. They just make up alternative facts on the spot and think the world will believe them. Kick the fool out. 

The only thing I would say, and I say it with some reluctance. The guy who was protesting had moved from Hong Kong and was now protesting against China in the U.K.  I don’t know if he’s a U.K. citizen or not. People who are not Citizens of a country should not be able to go to another country and continue political protests. None of that of course justifies what this consulate nut job did. 

On 10/19/2022 at 12:24 PM, Thaiger said:

Meanwhile, media reports back in September claimed that Chinese President Xi Jinping was under house arrest after a military coup

This was dismissed within 24 hours as a hoax. Xi Pingpong was under mandatory Covid isolation.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The only thing I would say, and I say it with some reluctance. The guy who was protesting had moved from Hong Kong and was now protesting against China in the U.K.  I don’t know if he’s a U.K. citizen or not.

He will be a British overseas national, with a British Passport.
https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-national-overseas

I've visited the Chinese Consulate, Manchester many times over previous years.
There is no security to prevent access to anyone entering the grounds or the Consulate.
It's open to the public, so any claim he was on the grounds illegally is pure BS.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Faz said:

He will be a British overseas national, with a British Passport.
https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-national-overseas

I've visited the Chinese Consulate, Manchester many times over previous years.
There is no security to prevent access to anyone entering the grounds or the Consulate.
It's open to the public, so any claim he was on the grounds illegally is pure BS.

Yes I’ve been there several times but some years ago. My recollection is that it was open to the public. I also recall it was in a strange location in as much it was in a leafy housing Suburb.  I wasn’t sure if the latest developments in HK over recent years had made them lock gates. As you says BS. But that’s what so many people do, even when the evidence shows otherwise. 

26 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I also recall it was in a strange location in as much it was in a leafy housing Suburb.

Denison Rd, Rusholme district.
Some large 3 story housing and flats, set in private grounds, now dominated by large ethnic minorities.

9 minutes ago, Faz said:

Denison Rd, Rusholme district.
Some large 3 story housing and flats, set in private grounds, now dominated by large ethnic minorities.

Rusholme and the curry mile is a great place for a curry mind you. Area of the Central Mosque also. On a sunny day you can feel like you are in Karachi 

• Cool 1