News Forum - Man electrocuted while walking on Bangkok pavement

Thaiger

A Thai man warned pedestrians to watch their step while walking on a pavement in Bangkok after being electrocuted when he trod on a live, broken power cable left exposed to the elements. The man, Jarawi Rujirasawai, posted a video sharing his unexpected electrocution experience on TikTok account @jarawi_ yesterday. The video shows a picture of the broken power line, his burnt flip-flop, and a wound to his foot. The caption in the video said… “A near-death experience at Sai Tai Mai Market. Who will be responsible if I die from this? Saying sorry is enough?” Khaosod reported that Jirawi […]

The story Man electrocuted while walking on Bangkok pavement as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I thought you would be safe wearing rubber shoes ?

Happened to me in the Philippines with a defective water heater. Got an electric shock touching the water, if i had taken a shower i would probably be dead...

The electrical standards and quality of installations in many countries around the world is nothing short of criminal. Thailand is one such country. 

Quite often see long extension cords in various states of age and disrepair lying in water and mud at up-country pop up weekend markets, herds of folks trampling right over/on them without a thought. 

Don't have to be an overly paranoid Elf and Safety nerd but it pays to be modestly aware of common hazards presented here.  Dodgy electrics/lack of safety/Earth grounding, quality of village/city water supply, Delhi Belly or worse from meat and cooked foods left standing for hours at open air markets, unmarked road works at night on poorly lit roads, open storm drain covers and/or defective grate/concrete covers, potential for snakes in/around the house, wrong-way drivers and moreover those without functioning front/rear headlamps at night, lightning, wading through flooded streets, mozzies.

Edited by TWS60

4 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Now that post another question on the  safety aspect when all the overhead cables in BKK are relocated to underground....

Don’t worry about that. It will never happen. Certainly not in the lifetime of any members on this forum. 

25 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

Quite often see long extension cords in various states of age and disrepair lying in water and mud at up-country pop up weekend markets, herds of folks trampling right over/on them without a thought. 

Don't have to be an overly paranoid Elf and Safety nerd but it pays to be modestly aware of common hazards presented here.  Dodgy electrics/lack of safety/Earth grounding, quality of village/city water supply, Delhi Belly or worse from meat and cooked foods left standing for hours at open air markets, unmarked road works at night on poorly lit roads, open storm drain covers and/or defective grate/concrete covers, potential for snakes in/around the house, wrong-way drivers and moreover those without functioning front/rear headlamps at night, lightning, wading through flooded streets, mozzies.

A good summary of the risks and dangers. Makes you wonder why the Thai people and Thai government don’t fix the majority of these problems. None of them are rocket science. Mai pen rai I guess…