News Forum - Honoring the 6th anniversary of King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s death

Thaiger

Today marks the six-year anniversary of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s death. Known as King Rama IX, his passing on October 13, 2016, is now celebrated as a national holiday. People recall his lasting legacy and pay tribute to the beloved king who reigned over Thailand for 70 years. The anniversary of his death is a public holiday. Though there is no ban on drinking alcohol, banks and government offices like immigration are closed. Provincial and federal government organisations hold tributes to the late king, planning ceremonies to honour him. The people of Thailand wear yellow shirts to commemorate and […]

The story Honoring the 6th anniversary of King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s death as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

6 years already.  The years have passed quickly, and how the world has changed in that time; Covid, Ukraine, Trump, passing of HM Queen E. I have a sense of how the world must have been a century ago with all of the changes and turmoil.  And now I sound like an old person saying how I miss the good old days of even 10 years ago.

The death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej was a sad day indeed for Thailand, sadly as in the UK the 'best of the monarchy Died with him and queen Elizabeth.