News Forum - Flights from Myanmar arrive in Phuket

Thaiger

A Burmese airline launched a new flight from Yangon to Phuket International Airport. The flight will run on Thursdays and Sundays. Myanmar Airways International introduced the flight at a press briefing, the Bangkok Post reported yesterday.  The new flight aims to help migrant workers and long-stay tourists. Migrant workers in Phuket who wish to return home can purchase a one-way ticket to Yangon for 4,700 baht, according to MAI Sales and Marketing Manager Sathit Rodnimit. Sathit said that many legal migrant workers want to visit their hometowns in Myanmar.  Sathit added that the flight is also aimed at international tourists in […]

The story Flights from Myanmar arrive in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Burmese airline launched a new flight from Yangon to Phuket International Airport. The flight will run on Thursdays and Sundays. Myanmar Airways International introduced the flight at a press briefing, the Bangkok Post reported yesterday.  The new flight aims to help migrant workers and long-stay tourists. Migrant workers in Phuket who wish to return home can purchase a one-way ticket to Yangon for 4,700 baht, according to MAI Sales and Marketing Manager Sathit Rodnimit. Sathit said that many legal migrant workers want to visit their hometowns in Myanmar.  Sathit added that the flight is also aimed at international tourists in […]

The story Flights from Myanmar arrive in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I was toying with the idea of jumping to another country when I am in Thailand in January 

Thought of Yangon

Looked at some YouTube videos and wasn't impressed at all

Very drab looking 

I don't know why, but I was expecting UT to be more like Luang Prabang in Laos

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I was toying with the idea of jumping to another country when I am in Thailand in January 

Thought of Yangon

Very drab looking 

Aside from the current political situation, you are 30 years too late -  like many South East Asian cities Yangon has exploded in the last two decades. 

8 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Aside from the current political situation, you are 30 years too late -  like many South East Asian cities Yangon has exploded in the last two decades. 

Had nothing to do with "exploding"

It just seemed drab to me

Hanoi is much busier than Yangon and I still find it charming 

And Luang Prabang if the most idyllic city in South East Asia, in my opinion 

Although LP is rather small

On 10/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, Marc26 said:

Thought of Yangon

Very drab looking 

Probably best to avoid places that are in the middle of a civil war?  I also wouldn’t want to spend one Kyat in tax which then goes to support the Generals in Yangon.  

On 10/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, Marc26 said:

Thought of Yangon

Very drab looking 

Spent some time there about 20 years ago. My memories are of a place falling apart, literally. Buildings were crumbling, taxis and buses were all very old. Nightlife was very tame compared to Bangkok. 

On the plus side, people were great, it was cheap as chips. Shwedagon Pagoda should be on everyone's bucket too. Amazing. Nice beer too. I'd happily go back for a long weekend.