News Forum - VIDEO: Police officer reprimanded for laughing during interview on daycare centre massacre

Thaiger

The Royal Thai Police have taken away a senior police officer’s spokesperson duties after he burst out laughing while giving an interview on the death toll of the daycare centre massacre in Nong Bua Lamphu province, northeast Thailand, on Thursday. On Thursday afternoon – just hours after the gun and knife rampage that claimed the lives of 37 people, including 24 young children – ThaiPBS interviewed a senior police officer via video call live on TV. The officer in the clip, Pol. Maj. Gen. Paisan Luesomboon, holds the highly-ranking position of Deputy Commander-in-Chief of Provincial Police Region 4. The news […]

The story VIDEO: Police officer reprimanded for laughing during interview on daycare centre massacre as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

49 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The officer in the clip, Pol. Maj. Gen. Paisan Luesomboon, holds the highly-ranking position of Deputy Commander-in-Chief of Provincial Police Region 4.

This dope was well trained for the position, obviously to Thai standards.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Glad to see an officer immediately realize how irrelevant (and hence laughable) the question that was asked is, and perhaps he even realized how interviews like this are superficial aspects of the human show.

There's a sense of honesty in that.

As a contributor to that show he didn't live up to what was socially expected (superficial aspects can carry much more weight than they deserve!), and now he's being replaced by someone who can keep a straight face when asked a stupid question.

There's a sense of dishonesty in that.

• Like 3

Its not the first time I’ve noticed those reactions when being filmed or photographed while engaged in police business especially during gorie accident and murder investigations !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Its not the first time I’ve noticed those reactions when being filmed or photographed while engaged in police business especially during gorie accident and murder investigations !

I lived in Phuket and my gf was riding with my friend's 15yr old niece on the back of her MB, a farang girl from Scotland

A drunk driver crashed into them and killed the niece

The way the police acted was disgusting and reprehensible

When we were at the police station they were passing around the photos of her dead body in front of us

Like they were taunting us....................

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I lived in Phuket and my gf was riding with my friend's 15yr old niece on the back of her MB, a farang girl from Scotland

A drunk driver crashed into them and killed the niece

The way the police acted was disgusting and reprehensible

When we were at the police station they were passing around the photos of her dead body in front of us

Like they were taunting us....................

That’s a very sad incident mate. Sorry to hear it. I have also witnessed a similar incident and the whole situation left me open mouthed with disbelief. These so called police are, in the majority of cases, an excuse for the word police.

One of the famous quotes it’s that people get the government and the police force they deserve. Having lived in Thailand many years, I do struggle with that, as I feel most Thai people deserve far better of both. I guess the lack of conviction and the lack of courage to do something about it is where the link to them deserving comes from. I still struggle with it though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

One of the famous quotes it’s that people get the government and the police force they deserve.

To modify that quote; they get the one they are prepared to put up with.  As with so many other things in LOS, there is an acceptance and a lethargy here about their own Police Service, same as for road deaths, kids on bikes, families on bikes, drink driving, drug use. In so many ways, the Thais are the architects of their own misfortune.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

To modify that quote; they get the one they are prepared to put up with.  As with so many other things in LOS, there is an acceptance and a lethargy here about their own Police Service, same as for road deaths, kids on bikes, families on bikes, drink driving, drug use. In so many ways, the Thais are the architects of their own misfortune.  

My wide doesn't like the police in Thailand 

So many instances where she would label them corrupt or not to be trusted

She wants her son to be a doctor in the Army or Police Force

It boggles my mind.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1