News Forum - Miss Ukraine slams Miss Grand International promoter

Thaiger

Ukrainian Beauty queen Olga Vasyliv slammed Miss Grand International 2022 promoters as politically insensitive after they assigned a hotel room for her to share with her Russian counterpart Ekaterina Astashenkova. The Thai-based beauty pageant, Miss Grand International, is promoted by famous Thai media celebrity Nawat Itsaragrisil. The pageant was founded in Thailand in 2013 amid a political crisis in the kingdom with the contest using the “Stop the Wars and Violence” slogan. The pageant then launched franchises in different countries and invited winners from those nations to join the Miss Grand International final. This year’s final takes place in Indonesia. […]

The story Miss Ukraine slams Miss Grand International promoter as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

But I also found that if my country is in the middle of a war participating in a beauty pageant would probably not be the first thing to do now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

But I also found that if my country is in the middle of a war participating in a beauty pageant would probably not be the first thing to do now.

She's probably not much of an artillery gunner. Maybe this is her best way of supporting, and advocating for, her country with an international platform.

In other news Miss Scotland and Miss England have been getting on great.

Ever since Miss England agreed to live in the cupboard and keep her mouth shut 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

In other news Miss Scotland and Miss England have been getting on great.

Ever since Miss England agreed to live in the cupboard and keep her mouth shut 😛

Miss Scotland has put her figure down to eating battered Mars Bars, Potato Crisps and beef burgers or otherwise known in Scotland.... health food.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Miss Scotland has put her figure down to eating battered Mars Bars, Potato Crisps and beef burgers or otherwise known in Scotland.... health food.😉

We have high hopes she may win. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sparks said:

She's probably not much of an artillery gunner. Maybe this is her best way of supporting, and advocating for, her country with an international platform.

QE2 repaired and drove trucks for the army during WW2. If even HM can do that 70 years ago I'm sure there's more beneficial things that this Ukrainian can do for her country than parading herself on stage in a swimsuit.

You’ve got to be kidding me….

What can garner the attention of the World more than having a spokesperson (Ukrainian woman) center stage at an internationally televised and reported event. Far greater impact than turning a wrench for the troops albeit that too is a noble contribution.

The choice to stay in the room or not with a representative of a morally bankrupt government (Russia who’s government troops murder innocent women, children and elderly and torturer to death others) has implications in both respects.

Any country that puts their own self interest above stopping the interest of the little Nazi coward (Putin) and his minions is culpable in the appeasement that allows this to continue.