News Forum - Thai actress believes she was drugged on BTS train

Thaiger

Thai actress Chatchaya “Sara” Charoenchan filed a complaint with the police last week after she fainted on the Bangkok BTS train. Sara believes she was possibly spiked with a drug somehow. The 23 year old actress informed the media that the incident happened on the morning of Thursday, September 30 while she was on her way to take an exam at university. The train was crowded, it was raining outside, and she felt comfortable until she stepped off the train. She couldn’t breathe and wanted to vomit. Sara took off her face to be sick but then suddenly lost consciousness. […]

The story Thai actress believes she was drugged on BTS train as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

22 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Sara believes she was possibly spiked with a drug somehow.

Spiked how, exactly? And whats the purpose?

More likely an attention seeking lady making a public drama.

• Like 7

"rushed to hospital where a doctor explained there were two possible reasons for her fainting"

Why didn't the Dr do a blood test to see what she might have been "spiked" with?  The results might explain how she was "spiked" if she was ... 

• Like 6

If I "took off my face to be sick" I'm sure I would lose consciousness, too.

Does anyone ever proofread the articles before posting them?

Probably not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was hot, she was tired, didnt eat enough I guess (an actress has to be skinny). Blood sugar starts dropping and off you go.

Or she just did her job which is acting, and generated free publicity.

• Like 6

Looks like and excuse for not taking the exam as she knows very well that she will not get through the exam. A good tactics but many cannot buy the story due to flaws in her scripts,

• Like 5

Immigrants from certain countries, that can't be named, inject random people in public with dangerous substances in Europe. Luckily for Thailand those people, that can't be named, aren't here in huge numbers. But you never know. It only takes one sick fart. 

• Angry 1

Wow made headlines, sad for all the girls and young women out there that have really been drugged and had unspeakable things done to them, shame on you whatever and whoever you are, obviously not getting enough acting parts. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pi_Tim said:

How can a doctor insinuate a drug attack without detecting any drugs !!??

where are the test results ?? lol

What? And spoil a potentially good attention-seeking story?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Johnnyb2 said:

Immigrants from certain countries, that can't be named, inject random people in public with dangerous substances in Europe. Luckily for Thailand those people, that can't be named, aren't here in huge numbers. But you never know. It only takes one sick fart. 

Those countries can be named - maybe only vaguely geographically - but they are wealthy with oil... is that right?

Attention seeking. Back when I used to have a hideous daily commute into central London, by train, young women fainting, or close to passing out, was quite a regular occurrence.

• Like 1

I am sure the media attention was completely unwelcomed by this young lady.................NOT! People DO get spiked often in nightclubs etc by people with an intention to sexually assault them, can't see any reason for someone doing it on a crowded BTS train though. She may well have fainted due to low blood sugar etc wonder why the doctor didn't consider this as a likely cause?

• Like 1

I remember a  while ago they did tests on a number of women in the UK who claimed to have been spiked, most of them were just drunk and I presume (trying to save themselves being embarrased for being to drunk)

One police source was quoted with regards to the recent needle and drink spiking epidemic in the uk. They said "that analysis of 100 toxicology samples undertaken by the Met had found “a small number of positive suspected spiking incidents to date”.

I'm not 100% sure why but it seems to be mass hysteria ... we arent in the day of jack the ripper but if one women mentions needle spiking suddenly all the women think its happening the them

further the head of emergency medicine stated: "“no hard, reliable data on the prevalence of spiking at the moment”

in other words it isnt happening.

Just like with this actress. Spiking is in the news and it was even presented to the UK parliament but in reality the situation is all just a rumour.

Statistically a serial spiker has to be one in 500,000 men or women if your lucky and they arent necessarily actually going out there and doing it, but fit the profile.

Edited by jobapps