News Forum - China warns US with display of aircraft carrier killer nuclear missiles

Thaiger

The Chinese government has aired footage of aircraft carrier nuclear missiles, with military analysts taking it as a warning to the US. The dual-capable Dongfeng missiles are thought to pose a great threat to US aircraft carrier strike groups. The missiles, thought to be China’s most powerful nuclear-capable weapons, were unveiled in footage to mark National Day. But, as tensions escalate between the 2 superpowers, the eight-part documentary on China Central Television had impeccable timing. The two anti-ship missiles, known as DF-21D and DF 26B, pose a significant threat to US carriers. The new-generation DF-41 intercontinental ballistic missiles are reportedly […]

The story China warns US with display of aircraft killer nuclear missiles as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

China is dependent upon western markets.If westerners do not purchase Chinese goods, China will collapse economically. China nukes a western vessel and it's over for China and the millions of its nationals enjoying the good life in western countries. There will be a mass boycott of anything Chinese.

• Like 2

Nonsense article. The DF-21D is a conventionally armed ballistic missile that could be nuclear armed. Its range is 900-1500 nautical miles. Because it is a ballistic missile, it can only hit a carrier from the top. It needs to be spot on, in a rolling sea. The range means it needs to be launched from over the horizon, when you won't have an exact fix on a ship's location. We had  Russia Strong propaganda, now its China Strong propaganda promoted by the press. The DF-26B is more of the same, but worse, with an even longer range. It couldn't hit squat.

The article quotes the South China Morning Post; this is a PRC front these days, sadly not the publication it used to be. ie. communist mouth piece, extolling the virtues and might of Chinese Communism. The article even sucks up Chinese State Telly without any question, yet Ann Carter is supposed to be a journalist.

Looking at the journalist the article; they appear to have no background in the usual subject matter concerning this field. I work with journalists like this on a daily basis. They're ok if you feed them the info, and that they listen. The "quotes" are basically paraphrased from some article, and presented as if they had actually spoken to someone. I recall years ago I was interviewed by a so-called journalist at the National Geographic, keen to understand better military-grade infectious disease diagnostics being used in certain African countries, as part of a piece looking into the death of a physician . When it went to press, without me seeing prepublication, was a complete misquoting of me, making it out that I blamed China for the death. The next day, the Chinese ambassador made a point of meeting the health minister of said country, for a photocall showing how much China was helping out (The PRC military were doing their best, but the journalist had no concept of the limitations of military grade PCR). An article from about 9 years ago discussing these missiles, with multiple sources.

https://www.airforcemag.com/PDF/MagazineArchive/Documents/2013/December 2013/1213china.pdf

• Like 2