News Forum - Bangkok asks companies to let employees work from home until October 7

Thaiger

As the Thai capital prepares for another torrential downpour, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) requested that companies allow employees to work from home where possible from October 5 – 7. “City-dwellers prepare for another period of heavy rain. Be wary of certain areas which are prone to flooding. Heavy rain is expected from now until October 7. We ask for cooperation from companies to allow employees to either work from home or return from home early where possible to ease the burden on transportation.” Last night, deep floods on Chaeng Wattana Road caused traffic to come to a standstill. Paramedics […]

The story Bangkok asks companies to let employees work from home until October 7 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unless these people who are going to be 'working from home' are sales based I would suggest companies do not let employees work from home. In the UK there are lots of government departments and large companies allowing their staff to 'work from home' my experience has been that it takes twice as long to get through to them and they are more likely to be 'unable to help you' unless of course you are buying something then there is no problem getting through to someone who is presumably paid commission!

3 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Unless these people who are going to be 'working from home' are sales based I would suggest companies do not let employees work from home. In the UK there are lots of government departments and large companies allowing their staff to 'work from home' my experience has been that it takes twice as long to get through to them and they are more likely to be 'unable to help you' unless of course you are buying something then there is no problem getting through to someone who is presumably paid commission!

I think governments are just using that excuse to slow things down, it has nothing to do with the level of service of someone at home..........