News Forum - Woman abandons home after police ignore four burglaries

Thaiger

A homeowner in the Lat Phrao area of Bangkok has abandoned her property after a spate of break-ins ignored by police left her fearing for her life. A picture of the thieves breaking into her house is currently circulating on social media. The Let Me Know If You Wanna Be Famous (อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้รีเทิร์น 5.2) Facebook account posted pictures of the thieving couple climbing out of the owner’s home after robbing it on Sunday, October 2. The caption said… “These two thieves broke into my neighbour’s house the night before. No one lives in this house anymore. They can’t steal at night […]

The story Woman abandons home after police ignore four burglaries as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Police know who the two thieves are"

And yet no arrest? Who is or isn't paying who? It would of course be a different story if the victim was rich or influential. Once again the Thai police show to the world that they are a laughing stock! Even the UK police (which are pretty damn useless at investigating thefts and burglaries) would get off their backsides and arrest someone if they knew who they were and were presented with pictures of the committing the crime!

26 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

"Police know who the two thieves are"

And yet no arrest? Who is or isn't paying who? It would of course be a different story if the victim was rich or influential. Once again the Thai police show to the world that they are a laughing stock! Even the UK police (which are pretty damn useless at investigating thefts and burglaries) would get off their backsides and arrest someone if they knew who they were and were presented with pictures of the committing the crime!

Speaking personally, no the UK police wouldn't. Or should I say, didn't.

On 10/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, Thaiger said:

The superintendent of the Wang Thong Lang Police Station, Kantapon Pho-ar, reported yesterday that they know the identities of the burglars and would invite the house owner to provide more information on the thefts. 

Very funny.  What do the police expect from the owner?  To provide the police with birth certificates of burglars?  Or maybe the owner should bring burglars to the police station?

22 hours ago, Poolie said:

Speaking personally, no the UK police wouldn't. Or should I say, didn't.

Not quite true Poolie. My house was broken into back in the UK. Police arrived and did an examination. Just as you say nothing happened. So I went into my local where I usually drank and asked around if anyone knew who was breaking into houses. Within minutes I had a name and someone was good enough to show me where he lived.

I then phoned the police the next day and told them if they didn't lift this **** then I would. They did. Eventually even got some of my stuff back.

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not quite true Poolie. My house was broken into back in the UK. Police arrived and did an examination. Just as you say nothing happened. So I went into my local where I usually drank and asked around if anyone knew who was breaking into houses. Within minutes I had a name and someone was good enough to show me where he lived.

I then phoned the police the next day and told them if they didn't lift this **** then I would. They did. Eventually even got some of my stuff back.

Do it yourself leg work, works wonders and puts untold pressure on the plod.

• Like 1

"Speaking personally, no the UK police wouldn't. Or should I say, didn't."

I have personally supplied evidence to the police regarding the identities of criminals in the UK and can state that they have then in every case arrested and charged the suspects. ( I know this was the case because I usually had to attend court to give evidence)