overland winter travel - is there now 45 days exemption at land border? two visas per calendar year? or per 12 month period?

Tigermilk

I'm covering multiple Southeast Asian countries overland this winter.

I will arrive in Thailand at a land border crossing. I will cross Thailand once in the middle of the tour, and then end in Thailand to fly home from Bangkok. I would need two more land border crossings.

1. According to official announcement, is the 45-day tourist exemption to be applied at land border crossings? Are those expected to remain 30 days only? Or does the official announcement just not say? 

2. Has anyone here actually done it? If you have a (post-October 1) land border tourist stamp in your passport, where was it and how many days did they give you?

3. I understand the rule is "two per year". Say I have one land border crossing stamp from December 2022, and one in January 2023. Will I be able to get a third stamp in February 2023? Will they say no, I have two stamps already and only get two per year (i.e. per 12 month period)? Or will they say yes, since the first stamp is from 2022, and you are allowed two stamps per calendar year, I can get two more in January and February 2023.

4. Has anyone here actually received three land border stamps in a short period that is split between two years like that? If so, where did you get the stamps?

Thanks very much to all.  

Visa exempt entry grants a stay of 45 days between Oct 1st 2022 - March 31st 2023 by air or land border crossings.

VE entries are limited to 2 entries per calendar year via land borders.
Regardless of the rule, 3 quick almost back to back VE entries may raise suspicions and entry is at the Immigration officer's discretion.

Another possibility, depending on your exact dates of travel, is to obtain the 45-day entry VE, then extend it for 30 days and purchase a re-entry permit for the 30-day extension.

Faz, thank you very much. I was not aware you can purchase a re-entry permit. If that does not involve a lot of bureaucracy and waiting around that makes good sense. I'll be spending some time in neighboring countries, not staying one night and coming back. I guess "in theory" that would assuage the immigration officers "concerns". Cheers.

You can obtain a re-entry permit to cover any period of stay granted by Immigration, whether it be granted on entry, or any extension of your permission of stay.

For example, if permitted a stay of 45 day on entry.
Entered VE Feb 15th, permitted to stay until Mar 31st.
If you obtained a re-entry permit and exited Thailand Feb 25th for a short stay elsewhere, re-entering Thailand Mar 8th, you'd be granted the remaining period of your permission stay .......... until Mar 31st.

The same applies to an extension of stay.

That eliminates a VE entry by land border. 

Well, I THOUGHT Myanmar was open for tourism but am told STILL NO LAND BORDER CROSSING! So unless that changes, my grand scheme to visit the whole region overland is dashed to pieces.