News Forum - Prayut plans to contact citizens hit by power cuts via radio

Thaiger

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha suggests officials warn locals about flash floods via radio as Thailand did 11 years ago in flooding in 2011. The 68 year old wants to use the radio to update citizens on the news should they lose their electricity. The prime minister joined a meeting via zoom yesterday to discuss how to manage the flooding situation and assist its victims. PM Prayut asked every department to focus on how to manage the water situation in every area of Thailand. He urged each association, foundation, and non-profit organisation to coordinate and support each other, as Thailand did in […]

The story Prayut plans to contact citizens hit by power cuts via radio as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"PM Prayut added…

“No welcoming banners or people, understand? I will go to work and don’t want to be a burden to anyone. I am healthy and can take care of myself. Let’s focus on the victims of the floods. I am not a burden to anyone.”

It's funny, but I read the article and especially the quote above and think that we are seeing the last of him. Yes, it'll take some time, but it begins now.

Politics is a funny business; yes, the person who wields the powers of an Office has some actual power, but political power in general is ephemeral.

Simply put, if people think that you have political power, then you have political power. If people don't think that you have political power, then you don't.

Prayut has been gored. The absence from the Office of the Prime Minister for over a month has meant that the 'shine' is gone and people can imagine political life without him; it is a political death knell. Moreover, when the court stated that he could only stay for more two years, if he won re-election, means that his end date is already set, and once a politician's end date is set, he is done.

There might be some among you who feel that he'll hang on and perhaps return to "Glory" (puke), but I think that you are mistaken; once a politician loses his MoJo, he is done. Moreover, the idea that Prayut does NOT have enemies, many enemies, among the Bangkok Elite is laughable; Prayut for eight years was useful, Prayut for ten or twelve years is a threat. The knives are out for him, and he knows it.

My 'Spidey Sense' is that no serious political party is even going to nominate him for the PM slot in the up-coming election; he is a liability now, not an asset. Had he been smart and not driven by ego, he would have called it quits when the court case arose, but proper ego-management by politicians is an oxymoron.

And, writing this makes me quite happy; I think he should have been put against the wall for organizing and launching a coup.

Good bye and good riddance.