News Forum - Xi’s Bangkok APEC trip to open tourist floodgates

Thaiger

If Chinese President Xi Jinping actually shows up at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Bangkok that could go a long way to securing 12 million tourists this year, according Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakan. Phiphat believes as many as 1.5 million Chinese travellers could visit Thailand in December in the event that Xi allows outbound tourism to resume. Xi has confirmed that he will attend the APEC summit on November 18, assuming he is still president after this month’s Party congress in Beijing. “I am confident we will reach the goal of 10 million foreign tourists by […]

The story Xi’s Bangkok APEC trip to open tourist floodgates as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand selling its soul to the dragon. They can already see the $$$$’s.

<Comment removed>

Edited by KaptainRob
Read the FG's please

2 hours ago, Giltee said:

Thailand selling its soul to the dragon. They can already see the $$$$’s.

<Comment removed>

I believe it's all about the revenue isn't it? Have they said anything else?

I wonder why they have a picture of a tour group when 75% of Chinese tourists come as individuals?

By the way, the Chinese use RMB, not dollars.

Let's hope the flood gates and over saturation of Chinese never occurs ever again as any race in too many numbers is just not good. I hope that dictator XI stays the heck away from here.

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

in the event that Xi allows outbound tourism to resume.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. The fact Xi is visiting probably has no effect on his decision to allow Chinese tourist travel again. They still are using zero covid internally and even Xi self isolated upon returning from his last trip. I’d bet next spring at the earliest, but that’s just me. 

It's not 'his' decision. A mistake that everybody unknowingly makes not being familiar with China. It will be a committee decision with the greater good in mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Phiphat/TAT same same   NFA

My friends and former colleagues in China have the opinion that they will not be able to travel internationally until end of 23

• Like 2

They come for the beautiful beaches please tell me where the are i be all over thailand i see some nice beaches but i always see garbage or dirty water never a really beautiful beach   

31 minutes ago, BJoe said:

Heaven forbid the Chinese horde plague the Land of Smiles.

Better that than the angry Americans or the suicidal Europeans jumping off condos/hotels

• Like 1