News Forum - Vladimir Putin officially annexed four parts of Ukraine

Thaiger

In an elaborate ceremony in Moscow, Russian President Vladimir Putin officially annexed four parts of Ukraine. The move has drawn condemnation as he tries to lay diplomatic claim to lands that Ukraine forces have been regaining on the ground. Putin announced ominously that anyone living in the four regions is now permanently a Russian citizen, and attendees chanted ” Russia! Russia!” in response. “I want to say this to the Kyiv regime and its masters in the West: People living in Lugansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia are becoming our citizens forever.” Ukrainian leaders vowed to fight back against the declaration […]

The story Vladimir Putin officially annexed four parts of Ukraine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

A fake election, the absorption of conquered parts of the Ukraine. The Nord undersea gas pipeline bombing,  a warm & fuzzy gift to Sweden's new government, which might have had doubts about NATO. The recruitment problems in Russia, battle field reversals. Time is short, things a bit desperate for old Prince Vlad. Granted, I did like the rousing speech, the Satanism, moral depravity of the west, while threatening nukes.  

No end in sight. The west is now funneling even more high grade weaponry to the Ukraine. A command structure is set up to train Ukrainian soldiers on how to use it. More funding approved, that military industrial complex is primed & chugging on down the road.    

• Like 3

“Russian forever” - except for the fact Russia doesn’t actually own any of the four oblasts in total. Heck they don’t even own half of the Donetsk oblast. They also just abandoned the city of Lyman to the Ukrainian army. Doesn’t seem much forever in that forever if you ask me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well it would seem like tactical idiocy to nuke areas that you have “annexed” and were reclaimed by the Ukrainians. Wouldn’t that make the area unusable/unlivable for years, maybe decades?

Now if the Russians decided to nuke Kiev in retaliation, that’s another story. The whole world would stand against Russia I think, except for maybe the constant holdouts China and North Korea. And probably milk toast Thailand 😉

1 hour ago, Mudshark said:

A fake election, the absorption of conquered parts of the Ukraine. The Nord undersea gas pipeline bombing,  a warm & fuzzy gift to Sweden's new government, which might have had doubts about NATO. The recruitment problems in Russia, battle field reversals. Time is short, things a bit desperate for old Prince Vlad. Granted, I did like the rousing speech, the Satanism, moral depravity of the west, while threatening nukes.  

No end in sight. The west is now funneling even more high grade weaponry to the Ukraine. A command structure is set up to train Ukrainian soldiers on how to use it. More funding approved, that military industrial complex is primed & chugging on down the road.    

Yep. Permanent War of Attrition against Rogue Terror State Russia. 

Ukraine will Never Stop fighting these murdering torturing lawless thieves, fueled by passion for nation, freedom, liberation and unending western weapons, political support and economic sanctions.

Russia will inevitably collapse, being structurally unable to compete and to sustain their wicked campaign.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People should see this for what it is. Its an act of desperation by Putin. He knows he is losing the ground war. 

This is all about saving his own skin.

The question is how far he will go to do that and at which point those around him decide enough is enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EdwardV said:

“Russian forever” - except for the fact Russia doesn’t actually own any of the four oblasts in total. Heck they don’t even own half of the Donetsk oblast. They also just abandoned the city of Lyman to the Ukrainian army. Doesn’t seem much forever in that forever if you ask me. 

Hey! Withdrawal? It's a strategic repositioning!

They should have left those troops there so that the Ukrainians can shell them 24/7. Until there are no Russian troops left. And then have the remains sent back to their relatives. Support for Putin will dwindle pretty fast.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

People should see this for what it is. Its an act of desperation by Putin. He knows he is losing the ground war. 

People should be looking at the long term implications of this political act instead of  focusing on the day to day movements on the battlefield formerly known as Ukraine. Russia’s annexation of these territories is not symbolic, it is a clear sign of resolve to militarily continue while escalating this war with a  commitment to take the 4 regions in their entirety, hold them and never return them.

4 hours ago, Janneman said:

They should have left those troops there so that the Ukrainians can shell them 24/7. Until there are no Russian troops left. And then have the remains sent back to their relatives. Support for Putin will dwindle pretty fast.

Since the start of the war Ukraine has been running an operation aimed at undermining support inside Russia for the SMO by contacting the families of Russian troops serving in Ukraine. The UAF photograph & identify individual dead Russian soldiers,  and send the death pose photos to the families of the dead soldiers. All is fair in love and war but, imo, that is going too far.  

https://www.reuters.com/technology/ukraine-uses-facial-recognition-identify-dead-russian-soldiers-minister-says-2022-03-23/

42 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Since the start of the war Ukraine has been running an operation aimed at undermining support inside Russia for the SMO by contacting the families of Russian troops serving in Ukraine. The UAF photograph & identify individual dead Russian soldiers,  and send the death pose photos to the families of the dead soldiers. All is fair in love and war but, imo, that is going too far.  

https://www.reuters.com/technology/ukraine-uses-facial-recognition-identify-dead-russian-soldiers-minister-says-2022-03-23/

I honestly cannot believe you have wrote that, you have taken desperation to another level and you say that you are not biased, pull the other one it's got bells on. The amount of war crimes that the Russians have committed on the Ukrainians and you're worried about a few photos, in a nut shell if the Russians were not illegally occupying Ukraine there wouldn't be any photos being banded about now would there, I think the expression is "get real". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

People should be looking at the long term implications of this political act instead of  focusing on the day to day movements on the battlefield formerly known as Ukraine. Russia’s annexation of these territories is not symbolic, it is a clear sign of resolve to militarily continue while escalating this war with a  commitment to take the 4 regions in their entirety, hold them and never return them.

Yeah right. Russia is going to struggle to hold the territory it seized in 2014.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

People should be looking at the long term implications of this political act instead of  focusing on the day to day movements on the battlefield formerly known as Ukraine. 

It may be "formally known as Ukraine" in your and Putins mind, but to the rest of the world it is still known as Ukraine! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I honestly cannot believe you have wrote that, you have taken desperation to another level and you say that you are not biased, pull the other one it's got bells on. The amount of war crimes that the Russians have committed on the Ukrainians and you're worried about a few photos, in a nut shell if the Russians were not illegally occupying Ukraine there wouldn't be any photos being banded about now would there, I think the expression is "get real". 

Even the Ukrainian government admit to their psychological campaign yet you cannot believe I posted verified information detrimental to Ukraine because you wouldn’t even think or dare to do so.  And you call me biased?  You have no problems with repeating Ukraine’s propaganda of 60,000 dead Russian soldiers but when one of the uglier sides of Ukraine’s information war is mentioned you climb atop your moral soapbox and dismiss it as a few photos. As I told you before, less crying and more trying. btw: guilt trips don’t work on Internet adults.  Get real indeed. 

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

The annexation was meaningless. Russia was never stopping until they occupy all of Ukraine. It was a symbolic act to placate the hardliners in Russia. To show he’s committed in the face of so many set backs. They know Russia is losing this war, he had to give them something and since he can’t give them a battlefield win. This was the next best thing. “Never return” them? How can you make that commitment to something you don’t actually own? Fact is Russia doesn’t even own the entirety of any of the four oblast, and is owning less and less each day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Even the Ukrainian government admit to their psychological campaign yet you cannot believe I posted verified information detrimental to Ukraine because you wouldn’t even think or dare to do so.  And you call me biased?  You have no problems with repeating Ukraine’s propaganda of 60,000 dead Russian soldiers but when one of the uglier sides of Ukraine’s information war is mentioned you climb atop your moral soapbox and dismiss it as a few photos. As I told you before, less crying and more trying. btw: guilt trips don’t work on Internet adults.  Get real indeed. 

You still haven't realised what and who started this massacre of the Ukrainians and it sorta dilutes my sympathy for killers, but not you eh. This must be a tough time for you Fanta watching the Ukrainians reclaiming the land that is rightfully theirs and coming out with bait posts such as "once formally known as Ukraine" helps no-one, all it does is reinforce the opinions most of us have of your opinions.

Would you just clarify that you think that Putin's recently acquired territory actually belongs to Russia now? Thanks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

The annexation was meaningless. Russia was never stopping until they occupy all of Ukraine. It was a symbolic act to placate the hardliners in Russia. To show he’s committed in the face of so many set backs. They know Russia is losing this war, he had to give them something and since he can’t give them a battlefield win. This was the next best thing. “Never return” them? How can you make that commitment to something you don’t actually own? Fact is Russia doesn’t even own the entirety of any of the four oblast, and is owning less and less each day. 

So the annexation was meaningless based on the theory that Russia intends to conquer Ukraine it it’s entirety. Really….. Let’s deal in the facts and not the stories shall we? Thanks for supplying a partial list of reasons why the annexation was meaningful to the Kremlin and Russia. The fact remains that the annexation makes those 4 regions part of the Russian Federation. Enshrined in Russian nuclear doctrine is the right to use nuclear weapons to protect their territory from conventional or nuclear attack. Oops… The “Escalate to De-escalate” military doctrine was written by Putin before he became president. Consider that doctrine & mindset, add the annexation and Putin’s anti West diatribe into the mix and we have a recipe for a low yield tactical nuke or three to “liberate” Russian Federation territory. I am not saying that school of thought is right or logical but it is what it is.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You still haven't realised what and who started this massacre of the Ukrainians and it sorta dilutes my sympathy for killers, but not you eh. This must be a tough time for you Fanta watching the Ukrainians reclaiming the land that is rightfully theirs and coming out with bait posts such as "once formally known as Ukraine" helps no-one, all it does is reinforce the opinions most of us have of your opinions.

Would you just clarify that you think that Putin's recently acquired territory actually belongs to Russia now? Thanks.

Stop your crying before you pass out from dehydration. What you or I think about who owns which part of the 3rd world wheat farm is irrelevant. What Russia believes is all that is relevant in regards to the annexation. 

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Stop your crying before you pass out from dehydration. What you or I think about who owns which part of the 3rd world wheat farm is irrelevant. What Russia believes is all that is relevant in regards to the annexation. 

Can't answer, won't answer, all you have is abuse and gobbledegook. 😂😂😂.

• Like 1