Non-O Visa to 1 Year Extension

Nightflame

Hi,

I am here in Thailand on a 3 month Non-O Visa (50+ retirement).

I want to extend for 1 year.

Initially reading the requirements it looked fairly straight forward, and was planning to do it myself, but I think I may need the asistance of an Agent.

I have the 800,000bhat in a Bangkok Bank account now. But because of the time taken messing around sorting the TM30, getting a residence certificate, then opening the account and then transferring the funds in, then need to wait 2 months, I will be very close to the apply for the extension 15days before your Visa runs out.

I am not that confident getting all the paperwork together and getting Jomtien Immigration to approve it. For example getting a Deposit Certificate (how easy are these to get?) dated on the date of the application.

Also I do not have paperwork for "Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord". I have bought a condo here. Is a copy of the deeds enough?

Which (TM?) form do I need to complete as part of this application? Is there a PDF copy available online?

My question is how easy is this to do, or can someone recommend a decent agent in Jomtien Pattaya which will assist with the paperwork for a small fee?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Nightflame said:

I have the 800,000bhat in a Bangkok Bank account now. But because of the time taken messing around sorting the TM30, getting a residence certificate, then opening the account and then transferring the funds in, then need to wait 2 months, I will be very close to the apply for the extension 15days before your Visa runs out.

Not a problem, you can apply for the 1-year extension up to the expiry date of your 90-day permission of stay granted on entry. Visa validity and permission of stay are separate entities. Your Visa was 'USED' the minute you were granted entry. You now have 'permit', permitting you to stay for 90 days.
It's your permission of stay your extending, not the validity of the Visa.
https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1652-visa-or-extension-of-stay/#comment-5567

Initially reading the requirements it looked fairly straight forward, and was planning to do it myself, but I think I may need the asistance of an Agent.

You really don't need an agent. It may appear a daunting task at first, but it's really straight forward and simple once you've submitted a successful application yourself for the first time.
After that it's plain sailing, repeat, repeat, each year. Even with all the correct documents and meeting the financial requirements, an agent is likely to charge 8K.

I am not that confident getting all the paperwork together and getting Jomtien Immigration to approve it. For example getting a Deposit Certificate (how easy are these to get?) dated on the date of the application.

Also I do not have paperwork for "Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord". I have bought a condo here. Is a copy of the deeds enough?

On the morning of submitting your application, visit any BKK branch;
a) Update your Passbook and take a copy.
b) Request the standard letter for Immigration.
c) Request a 3-month bank statement.
d) As a Condo owner, your Chanote (Title Deeds) and a copy.

Comprehensive document checklist for a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement;
Docs Extension of Stay based on Retirement.pdf 

Which (TM?) form do I need to complete as part of this application? Is there a PDF copy available online?

Form TM7.
Downloadable here along with other Immigration forms;
https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1864-immigration-application-forms-for-download/#comment-7202

My question is how easy is this to do, or can someone recommend a decent agent in Jomtien Pattaya which will assist with the paperwork for a small fee?

All the documents you require are either in your possession, or only you can obtain them.
You'd still have to supply them to an agent .......... though he can take the copies 🙄.

Faz,

Thanks for the info, 8K for an agent just to submit the paperwork seems a bit pricey.

I'll have a go at doing it myself next week and see how I get on. Managed to do a 30day extention of a tourist visa ok last year.

One final question, any insurance requirements extending the Non-O for a year? Surprised that given the hoops I had to jump through to get insurance for the Non-O Visa there does not seem to be any insurance requirement for extending!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightflame said:

One final question, any insurance requirements extending the Non-O for a year? Surprised that given the hoops I had to jump through to get insurance for the Non-O Visa there does not seem to be any insurance requirement for extending!

You're applying to extend your current permission of stay for 1 year, a permit, not a Visa.
You can't extend a Visa.

The Thai Embassies added the Insurance requirement for the Non O to cover for potential Covid care costs.
No Insurance requirement for extending your stay from a Non O Visa at Immigration offices, although there is a compulsory 3 million baht Health Insurance requirements to extend your stay from 'long term' Visa types, such as the Non Imm O-A, and 0-X

• 3 weeks later...

OP here, just an update.

Got all my paperwork in order and photocopied as per the guidance here. On the day got the 3 financial docs from my bank and then went to Jomtien Immigration.

It was about 10:30am (BKK bank did not open until 10am so could not get the financial statements earlier) and not much of a queue at Immigration thankfully. Was in an out in half an hour. On this visit they were friendly and efficient. Picked up the passport on Monday with the 1 year  permission of stay.

Need to go back in 90days to prove the money is still in the bank and do a 90day report.

Thanks for the help Faz.

Next up I need to get a Multi Rentry Permit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Nightflame said:

Next up I need to get a Multi Rentry Permit.

You could have applied for that at the same time.
Completed Form TM8 > https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1864-immigration-application-forms-for-download/#comment-7202

Passport.
Copies from Passport of;
- Passport homepage
- Last Visa.
- Latest extension stamp
- Last entry stamp.
- TM6 Departure Card (if applicable)

The fee, 1,000 BHT single entry, 3,800 BHT multiple entry

• Like 1