News Forum - Royal defamation case dropped against Thai activist

Thaiger

A Thai political and human rights activist admitted he is surprised the court dismissed a royal defamation charge against him. Tiwagorn Withiton was arrested after posting a picture of himself on Facebook wearing a t-shirt printed with “I lost faith in the monarchy” in June 2020. The political arm of the military, Internal Security Operations Command, visited Tiwagorn’s house soon after the post went viral on social media and told him to stop wearing the shirt. He refused. Police then turned up at his home on July 9, 2020, bundled him into an ambulance and took him to Khon Kaen Rajanagarindra […]

The story Royal defamation case dropped against Thai activist as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

They took him to a psychiatric hospital? Seriously??? What the hell did they inject into him??? Truly shocking

[unnecessary and uncorroborated comment removed by Moderator]

Although even the case has been dropped, I suspect that story is not completely over for him, I am certain he is still watching over his shoulders.