Doctor documents people camping out for Covid treatment

Thaiger

A doctor is documenting the struggle of people hoping for a hospital bed for Covid treatment. His pictures capture winding lines of people sitting on the ground, sleeping in the backs of cars. He provided the images last night of the scene outside the Ramathibodi Hospital in Bangkok Thiravat Hemachudha whos is a neurologist and director of the Health Science Centre of Emerging Diseases at Chulalongkorn University wrote in a Facebook post that “these” (the people in the photos) who don’t have access to medical attention at the hospital “should be provided with favipiravir to take at home”, indicating an […]

The post Doctor documents people camping out for Covid treatment appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The doctor said give them cannabis oil? If only they were allowed access to that, without fear of extortion and imprisonment.

How about adding Ivermectin, Zinc, Vitamins C/D3 to that list?  Trying something, anything rather than reacting helplessly to a possible eventual ventilator hookup would be something to consider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tker said:

How about adding Ivermectin, Zinc, Vitamins C/D3 to that list?  Trying something, anything rather than reacting helplessly to a possible eventual ventilator hookup would be something to consider.

These suggestions are all well and good but neglect to mention how "something" might help the virus more than it helps you. Forget scientific studies for a second, wouldn't you like to know 1) that it really does work and 2) how it works before dosing yourself with something? Zinc, for one, is toxic at levels a small multiple of a clinical dose. Doing "something, anything" sounds an awful lot like a former US president suggesting the ingestion of household disinfectant and shining lights up your butt.

Sorry, but is it only me who doesn't see long lines of people all over the country, people laying sick in the streets etc? It seems to happen everywhere, and yet, I haven't noticed anything even though I'm outside daily. 

It's like the movie They Live, but whenever I put on doctor's glasses, apparently people who are normally walking and sitting in the park are now laying half dead in the streets and need to be saved. Or are these maybe the media glasses? 

Again sorry, deaths might be happening, but it's a bit odd that in 2 years I haven't even noticed a slight bit about Covid other than the restrictions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

These suggestions are all well and good but neglect to mention how "something" might help the virus more than it helps you. Forget scientific studies for a second, wouldn't you like to know 1) that it really does work and 2) how it works before dosing yourself with something? Zinc, for one, is toxic at levels a small multiple of a clinical dose. Doing "something, anything" sounds an awful lot like a former US president suggesting the ingestion of household disinfectant and shining lights up your butt.

Perhaps "anything" was a bit of a sarcastic hyperbole; however the point was that there are reasonable actions to try that are relative harmless in the overall scheme of things, especially in the absence of any vaccines with high efficacy.  

Check out https://covid19criticalcare.com/ paying attention to the group of physicians's detailed protocol that's had success.  It does include Zinc - a reasonable 50mg dose that's considered safe.

Also - https://buffalonews.com/news/local/unapproved-by-fda-ivermectin-useful-as-covid-19-treatment-local-doctors-say/article_8ee56f1a-625d-11eb-b771-b76fa82cbedb.html

None of this has anything to do with that former POTUS BTW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tker said:

Perhaps "anything" was a bit of a sarcastic hyperbole; however the point was that there are reasonable actions to try that are relative harmless in the overall scheme of things, especially in the absence of any vaccines with high efficacy.  

Check out https://covid19criticalcare.com/ paying attention to the group of physicians's detailed protocol that's had success.  It does include Zinc - a reasonable 50mg dose that's considered safe.

Also - https://buffalonews.com/news/local/unapproved-by-fda-ivermectin-useful-as-covid-19-treatment-local-doctors-say/article_8ee56f1a-625d-11eb-b771-b76fa82cbedb.html

None of this has anything to do with that former POTUS BTW.

Yeah, ivermectin may have some potential but what worries me about sites like that are that they only show research that supports their assumptions. They don't link to studies like: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8209939/ which, while showing some possible benefits, are not nearly as statistically significant as the 89-person study the FLCCC guys lean on heavily. It was also concerning that they have a statement "If your doctor will not prescribe ivermectin for you, please contact one of the following tele-health companies". This is the whole "ask your doctor if Fuqital is right for you" ploy in medical advertising.

All-in-all, though, (and separate from this discussion) those scenes of people waiting to get treatment (and be prescribed ivermectin, zinc, or whatever) are really worrying. 6K cases per day in a population of 70M should not be stressing the healthcare system already.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

Fair enough.  Speaking for myself personally, a few months prior to the vaccines becoming available, I did add Ivermectin (quite inexpensively, and not through any of those tele-health companies) to my existing stack of nutriceuticals after researching the existing studies and its safety profile.  Did those work in my not getting COVID?  Not sure, though at that point I didn't have the luxury of months of double blind studies etc.  I am in no way a proponent of the pharm companies and their incessant peddling of their products.  It was interesting to delve into the history of Ivermectin (the discoverers were awarded the Nobel Prize for treating river blindness in humans), how it was given out (or sold at low profit) by Merck before it came off patent, and how there were anecdotal cases of it getting ventilated COVID patients out of the ICU.

Of course with the availability of vaccines, I chose to receive the Pfizer one several months ago with (fortunately) no side effects after weighing the risk/benefits.  That's a whole other discussion as far as the long-term risks, economics and politics goes.  It's just sad to see people in any country (Thailand and to a greater extent India) sick enough to the point of wanting testing and any needed treatment not being able to get the attention they need regardless of the reasons for their healthcare system being stressed.  It's possible that case numbers are being underreported in Thailand much in the way that they were likely overstated in some other countries.  So when I see the "official" numbers going from 3,000-ish to the 6,000s in a matter of days, it's very alarming.  Much as I wish the best for things to get sorted in Thailand, I have my doubts for this to happen in the short-term due the dynamics at play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Sorry, but is it only me who doesn't see long lines of people all over the country, people laying sick in the streets etc? It seems to happen everywhere, and yet, I haven't noticed anything even though I'm outside daily. 

It's like the movie They Live, but whenever I put on doctor's glasses, apparently people who are normally walking and sitting in the park are now laying half dead in the streets and need to be saved. Or are these maybe the media glasses? 

Again sorry, deaths might be happening, but it's a bit odd that in 2 years I haven't even noticed a slight bit about Covid other than the restrictions. 

They Live was a very cool movie.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesE said:

Yeah, ivermectin may have some potential but what worries me about sites like that are that they only show research that supports their assumptions. They don't link to studies like: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8209939/ which, while showing some possible benefits, are not nearly as statistically significant as the 89-person study the FLCCC guys lean on heavily. It was also concerning that they have a statement "If your doctor will not prescribe ivermectin for you, please contact one of the following tele-health companies". This is the whole "ask your doctor if Fuqital is right for you" ploy in medical advertising.

All-in-all, though, (and separate from this discussion) those scenes of people waiting to get treatment (and be prescribed ivermectin, zinc, or whatever) are really worrying. 6K cases per day in a population of 70M should not be stressing the healthcare system already.

This June 2021 study (see attached) which was published in the American Journal of Therapeutics will be of interest for you.

> Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines

In typical 'scientific caution' style here the Conclusions of that Meta-analysis: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

Ivermectin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of. Covid-19 infection _ AJT - june 2021.pdf