News Forum - Thai TikTok star detained at Singapore airport over huge amount of cash

Thaiger

A Thai TikTok star has run into trouble at a Singapore airport for not declaring that he was carrying a huge amount of cash. The star, who’s Tik Tok name is Sungstarwin, has 2.4 million followers on TikTok, and 2 million subscribers on Youtube.  Sungstarwin was detained at Changi airport on September 10 for carrying 610,000 baht, or 23,254 Singapore dollars. The social media sensation said he had not known about Singapore’s law on taking cash in and out of the country. The law requires you to fill out a form declaring the amount brought in.  Sungstarwin claimed he had […]

The story Thai TikTok star detained at Singapore airport over huge amount of cash as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

610,000 baht to play games with. Tik Tok must pay well.

A ten year follow up on the overnight wonders would be nice.  Particularly when their baby faced features fade.

Around 18-19 had a friend who could do no wrong with females, at 30 I mentioned this to a female friend and she physically shuddered on seeing him and said you are kidding.

Me I'm like a great wine, enhanced by age, be a real stunner when I hit 90, (well I think so}.😂

A huge amount ? Come on, be serious. It's around 16000 Euros. Of course a lot of money and with regulations any amount over 10000 Euros or equivalent has to be declared, but I was under the impression that we where talking about millions when I read the headline. As a matter of fact the maximum allowed in Singapore are 20.000 S$ or equivalent in foreign currency. So this is just an inflated and sensationalist article.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Donald said:

A huge amount ? Come on, be serious. It's around 16000 Euros.

Exactly. It's hardly huge or even that unusual. Which is obviously why they let him go.

2 hours ago, palooka said:

610,000 baht to play games with. Tik Tok must pay well.

You'd be surprised how much Tiktok/IG/etc can pay if you have enough followers, but in this case it sounds like the money was his friends'.

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Around 18-19 had a friend who could do no wrong with females, at 30 I mentioned this to a female friend and she physically shuddered on seeing him and said you are kidding.

Not sure how this is related to the article, but generally guys who do well with girls due to good looks when they're young tend to do very poorly with women when they're older - they simply have no game. Didn't need to develop it so they didn't. Need to start from scratch once the looks are gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Usually you don't get stopped. Another of those social media influencer just want to create attention and content me thinks. 

And even if he got stopped, how does it make the news? So I agree with your second sentence.. Weird world of social media.