News Forum - Things you can do in Thailand during the rainy season

Thaiger

What to expect during the Rainy Season in Thailand? The rainy season in Thailand can be a bit daunting, it usually runs from May till October and that is why, if you will be visiting Thailand during rainy season, following these tips will make it easier for you to survive -and yes, have fun – during what will be some of the hardest rain you have ever seen. How Much Rain is There and How Long Does it Last? In Thailand on most days during the rainy season, the heavens will open and torrentially rain, but only anywhere from 15 […]

The story Things you can do in Thailand during the rainy season as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Make babies, or at least practice the process. If you add good food, cooked at home,  a goodly stock of fine wines, subscriptions to Netflix and HBO, you won't even notice the floods. Its Covid isolation  again and it worked then, so it will work  now.

I forgot to add, its the NFL season, so recorded games take up at least 3 hours of ever day, just a perfect excuse to watch them. 

45 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Make babies, or at least practice the process. If you add good food, cooked at home,  a goodly stock of fine wines, subscriptions to Netflix and HBO, you won't even notice the floods. Its Covid isolation  again and it worked then, so it will work  now.

I forgot to add, its the NFL season, so recorded games take up at least 3 hours of ever day, just a perfect excuse to watch them. 

I bet that is exactly what you 'do' all year long, not just in 'the rainy season', lol.

2 hours ago, Scarface said:

I bet that is exactly what you 'do' all year long, not just in 'the rainy season', lol.

and your point is?   I can think of a lot of worse ways to spend away one's life.  

Nothing wrong with a nice dip in the pool in the rain I find (so long as there is no lightning about of course). The bonus is that you will often have the pool to yourself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The rainy season in Thailand can be a bit daunting, it usually runs from May till October

And this subject being posted 35 days before the season is over - thanks for not helping sooner! 

• Haha 1

Vimanmek Palace was closed to the public in 2016 and has since been totally demolished/disassembled.  It may be rebuilt at some point but will be closed to the public.

17 hours ago, Pinetree said:

and your point is?   I can think of a lot of worse ways to spend away one's life.  

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, there is nothing to do here, hands down one of the most boring countries in the world, ok for a holiday, but to live? My 82 year old mother has a better social life than me.

21 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, there is nothing to do here, hands down one of the most boring countries in the world, ok for a holiday, but to live? My 82 year old mother has a better social life than me.

Thats interesting..  I am an Asia hand, having retired here from quite a few years working in various Asian countries.  I find Thailand very welcoming and an interesting place to be, rain or no rain, albeit that this year, the monsoon rains are getting mighty boring.   Having said that, it beats weeks of cold winds and rain in the UK. 

29 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Huh?

Have you ever been to Bangkok?

I tend to agree there isn't a ton of great adventurous things to do

But socially, I'd highly disagree 

There are amazing restaurants

Great local beer gardens and puns

Plenty of museums 

And if temples and ruins are your thing (not mine too much) there is plenty 

47 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Like Bukowski said once: "only boring people get bored" (joke).

59 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, there is nothing to do here, hands down one of the most boring countries in the world, ok for a holiday, but to live?

Life is what you make of it.
Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day to follow my hobbies and interests.

"It's hugely boring here. Nothing or no one will ever make me think any different, but yea enjoy."

I wonder why someone would be going to or staying in a country they find hugely boring? Got to admit I am never bored when in Thailand and as for social life it is sometimes difficult to pick which events/gatherings/dinner invitations etc to go to.