Khon Kaen schools closed until July 16 as Covid continues to spread

Thaiger

Khon Kaen, a northeastern province and part of the Isan region, is closing its schools closed until July 16 as Covid continues to spread throughout the province and nearby areas. Further, students that attend boarding schools have been closed off and parents are not allowed to visit until July 16. In the Khon Kaen province, there have been 667 reported cases of Covid from April 1 to yesterday. Despite many schools reopening nationwide on June 14, many have had to reclose as Covid cases continue to mount in the south and climb again up north. Earlier, the Thaiger wrote how […]

The post Khon Kaen schools closed until July 16 as Covid continues to spread appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes khon Kaen now becoming infected workers returning from bkk 

Was floating around 15 now up to 80 yesterday 

Big coffee market opened in the mall loads of people milling around

Stupidity 

• Like 1

There was not 80 cases yesterday, main concern was the children infect by the dizzy bitch that went to phuviang to visit her parents.

Now many children and her parents in hospital

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geo said:

There was not 80 cases yesterday, main concern was the children infect by the dizzy bitch that went to phuviang to visit her parents.

Now many children and her parents in hospital

Agreed. The figure I heard reported was 70. However both are wrong to call them “cases”. They may well be “reported cases” with very little community testing taking place. The real number will be multiple times more. 

The government really has only two broad choices here. The same two choices every other government has had. Either restrict movement through various levels of lockdown, or ramp up vaccinations and hope to race the virus before thousands more die. Many countries have looked to balance those two choices and in every case the death toll has been high. 

Even when vaccination is completed, we will all have to learn to live with Covid, just as we do already with influenza and many other virus. 

You cant vaccinate the people if the government redirects vaccines else where. In the end everyone needs vaccination. When you can't vaccinate this is what happens selfish people spread this around. Whilst masks don't cure or prevent I counted 30 out of 60 on my morning walk not wearing. If you lock down Bangkok everyone goes home making it worse. Soidog I live here and want a return to something if a normality for everyone. What annoys me the most is my wife has been frontline in the hospital caring for these selfish people putting her own life and her families life at risk. That is hard to swallow.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Geo said:

You cant vaccinate the people if the government redirects vaccines else where. In the end everyone needs vaccination. When you can't vaccinate this is what happens selfish people spread this around. Whilst masks don't cure or prevent I counted 30 out of 60 on my morning walk not wearing. If you lock down Bangkok everyone goes home making it worse. Soidog I live here and want a return to something if a normality for everyone. What annoys me the most is my wife has been frontline in the hospital caring for these selfish people putting her own life and her families life at risk. That is hard to swallow.

Geo, I too want some form of normality as I spend at least 8 months of each year living in Thailand and have been away from my family for 15 months. However I totally agree that people need to have more respect for each other. It amazes me how selfish some people can be and moan about having to put on a mask for a few hours a day when frontline health workers have to use them on 10-12 hour shifts. 

I trust your wife will be safe and well. Across the world it is the healthcare workers who have been real hero’s. Not the military politicians wearing gold braid and medals.