Rap,Hip Hop Music?

Thaidup

Never really liked Rap music, I am over 50 so that may explain some of it, (i generally like more upbeat music) but occasionally some rap song pops up with a good tune or beat.

Never been into that type of music but now and again some band/singer produces something i like, Best to have a wide listening variety after all. If you don't taste it you will never know if you like it?.

44 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Does anyone over 50 have any suggestions for Rap. HipHop songs?

What years?

Recent Hip Hop

Old school 

East Coast

I can provide all.....

I'm 50yrs old

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 4:20 AM, lspab said:

This won Eurovision. It has a catchy tune, worthy winner, marrying several musical styles.

This one was hard to understand, the music sounds either Arabian or Indian I heard some Christian lines and the subs are too small to read and it appears to be set in the Ukraine conflict area, If I was a skeptic I would think that this is a propaganda music video? just my critic on the video production.never did see the Eurovision version.

Another hard to understand music video, close your eyes and listen? The visuals don't meet the expectations, sounds like a black rapper come western singer in a southern state of the USA.

Has a good beat and rhythm though, I like it.👍

23 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Another hard to understand music video, close your eyes and listen? The visuals don't meet the expectations, sounds like a black rapper come western singer in a southern state of the USA.

Reminds me of Teddy Swims but he's more of a singer

This is his cover of Mario's "Let Me Love You"

A very popular 90's R&B song

He is excellent!

Does Journey amazing as well

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 4:29 AM, Marc26 said:

What years?

Recent Hip Hop

Old school 

East Coast

I can provide all.....

I'm 50yrs old

West Side is the best side lol and yet didnt get a mention... we the same vintage mate almost. Gotta be old school. Cold Crush Brothers, Eric B and Rakim, Geto Boys, Kool G Rap, Master P Where do you start? Could go on forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

You think that's hard to understand?  Bwahahah try this 

https://youtu.be/r_0JjYUe5jo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gluayyai said:

West Side is the best side lol and yet didnt get a mention... we the same vintage mate almost. Gotta be old school. Cold Crush Brothers, Eric B and Rakim, Geto Boys, Kool G Rap, Master P Where do you start? Could go on forever.

I love it all, and still do at 50!

Eric B & Rakim

Run DMC

Boogie Down Productions

A Tribe Called Quest

Gang Starr

Mobb Deep

Fat Joe

Das EFX

Cam'ron

New stuff

Jack Harlow

Drake

Future

Travis Scott

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaidup said:

That ^ was good👍

This lady is awesome to watch

She's a vocal coach and critiques songs/singers

She is obviously very passionate 

And this is Teddy's best cover 

It's amazing!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, Thaidup said:

This one was hard to understand, the music sounds either Arabian or Indian I heard some Christian lines and the subs are too small to read and it appears to be set in the Ukraine conflict area, If I was a skeptic I would think that this is a propaganda music video? just my critic on the video production.never did see the Eurovision version.

Its well known that the song is based on a traditional Ukrainian folk  ballad mashed with hip hop. Kalush is a Ukrainian rap group, and they had a  side project, the Kalush Orchestra, when they teamed up with Tymofii Muzychuk and Vitalii Duzhyk, to tap into traditional Ukrainian folk. To me, this is perfect for Eurovision. It makes a traditional music form accessible to a wide range of cultures.

The video was produced post-Eurovision. Well produced. You bet its propaganda, like Olivier's Henry V of 1944 was propaganda. The band immediately gave all proceeds to war victims, including selling off their award.

Live final

(the only thing militaristic is perhaps the multi-colour ghillie suits). The video depicts how the Russian invasion triggered a flood of refugees, mostly women, children and old people, illustrated the how children were seperated in the chaos, and predicted correctly the high percentage of the Ukrainian armed forces that are women.

And given the interest in covers, a beautiful Lithunanian cover, proceeds to the victims of Russian aggression

Edited by lspab

On 9/28/2022 at 12:00 AM, Gluayyai said:

Throw some music vids up and give us a taste. as examples, would love to hear what you like.👍

On 10/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Thaidup said:

Throw some music vids up and give us a taste. as examples, would love to hear what you like.👍

• Like 1

• Like 1