News Forum - Schoolgirl raped in a school dormitory in front of friends

Thaiger

A 17 year old girl was raped in front of her friends by a 15 year old boy while she was in a Covid-19 quarantine dormitory at Rajaprajanugroh 57 School in the central province of Phetchabun. When the teenager filed a complaint to the school’s director, he allegedly told her to accept compensation, agree the sex was consensual, and move to another school to protect the school’s reputation. Unhappy with the school director’s attitude the teenage girl’s 43 year old aunt reported the incident to the Thai media yesterday. The aunt revealed that the school director asked her and her […]

The story Schoolgirl raped in a school dormitory in front of friends as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

46 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The school director then notified her aunt that she broke a school rule by having sex with a male student.  The official did say the school would provide a contraceptive injection if she moved to another school to study and accept some compensation.

Assuming the article doesn't contain any major mistakes about what happened and what was communicated by the school (see quote), I hereby denounce my membership of the human race (generalizing, I know, but stuff like is much too common) and seek asylum elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Until Thailand stops with this ridiculous and demeaning compensation structure, it will go nowhere

And guys married to Thais should drill it into them and their families that it's a corrupt system to accept

• Like 3

I'd really like to hear the other side of the story (assuming there is one).  Articles that portray one side to be absolute villains and the other side to be absolute saints are usually missing important facts.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Shocking story, all involved need to be jailed, and shockingly similar to how female house maids are treated in Saudi Arabia.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there. 

But hey, no need to let the truth get in the way.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there. 

But hey, no need to let the truth get in the way.

True, Can't edit now but will un-generalise the part you are concerned about here.

"shockingly similar to how some female house maids are treated in Saudi Arabia"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-life-maids-saudi-idUSL2733204320061120

• Like 2

It seems like such sexual acts are deep rooted from the very early stages. I wonder what the parents and the authorities are doing to address the issues. Since there is a price tag in monetary value to which people accept in Thailand, everything will continue.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It seems like such sexual acts are deep rooted from the very early stages. I wonder what the parents and the authorities are doing to address the issues. Since there is a price tag in monetary value to which people accept in Thailand, everything will continue.  

Money, position and being male are power while poverty and being female means victim most of the time it seems across all levels of Thai society. 

10 hours ago, Thaidup said:

True, Can't edit now but will un-generalise the part you are concerned about here.

"shockingly similar to how some female house maids are treated in Saudi Arabia"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-life-maids-saudi-idUSL2733204320061120

And shockingly similar to how women are treated all over the world....

• Like 1

There has to be accountability here. This is just disgusting. To make it worse "If that were possible" The poor girl was ill and in a recovery room at school. Thorough investigation by authorities. If applicable, charges must be laid and the perpetrators held accountable. Rape is a disgusting demining crime that can do untold damage. 

The social structure needs to change, cannot get stuck 200 years back, Social Scholars of thailand needs to take up this injustice acts and law makers needs to end this cruel issues.

This is so disgusting. The director need to be reamed with a huge pole in front of everyone and the kids need to go to jail. Why were there no teachers on guard to chaperone these kids? If that was my daughter I would be looking for blood.

5 hours ago, Pinga said:

Yes, good luck with that.

I've had talks with my wife about this and she is in 100% agreement

It's amazing what can happen when you don't treat your wife like a child, like so so farang do their Thai wives 

On 9/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, Marc26 said:

I've had talks with my wife about this and she is in 100% agreement

Convincing your wife is one thing, expecting it to change anything is another. Not going to change society one wife at a time, lol.

2 hours ago, Pinga said:

Convincing your wife is one thing, expecting it to change anything is another. Not going to change society one wife at a time, lol.

I guess so

But I'd never accept a settlement if my family was involved and harmed 

So I guess control what I can

My old gf got hit by a drunk driver in Patong and my friends 15yr old niece died 

The intimidation the police put on her to not charge or testify was despicable 

On 9/24/2022 at 12:20 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

A generalization again? Let me fix it for you👍

"And shockingly similar to how some women are treated all over the world...."

However this story is about children being abused while in the care of adult caretakers, Would a law that allows parents a choice to dish out the punishment themselves suffice? opposed to an the offer of money to shut up? as it seems that in the article no-one has been jailed of it yet?

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 12:20 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Obviously there is abuse all over the world

But I will say it is shocking how accepting they seem to be off abuse and sexual abuse of kids, in the villages in Thailand 

So many instances in my wife's village where things come up that they just sweep under the rug 

This is a shocking line my wife said casually to me

"I used to sleep in a box at my mother's work, like a puppy.

She said I was too pretty to be left alone"

She was like 9 or 12yrs old

I've seen instances where young boys have sexually abused younger girls with zero punishment 

They just "keep the girls away from him"

It's rampant in Thai vilages