News Forum - TAT looks to draw in Japanese tourists with new campaign

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is looking to draw in more Japanese tourists. TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn announced that TAT will introduce a new partnership campaign in the last three months of the year called “It’s Time to Go To Thailand”.  The campaign aims to increase Japanese tourists’ average spending per trip, which right now is only 6,400 baht, the lowest among Northeast Asian Markets. TAT plans to push seven major tour operators to convince Japanese tourists to spend more days in Thailand.  The main groups TAT aims to target are: corporate trip groups, elderly people, solo travellers, female friend […]

The story TAT looks to draw in Japanese tourists with new campaign as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

From the article:

The campaign aims to increase Japanese tourists’ average spending per trip, which right now is only 6,400 baht, the lowest among Northeast Asian Markets. 

6,400 baht for the whole trip? What do they buy and where do they eat?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

From the article:

The campaign aims to increase Japanese tourists’ average spending per trip, which right now is only 6,400 baht, the lowest among Northeast Asian Markets. 

6,400 baht for the whole trip? What do they buy and where do they eat?

Not sure thats right. I have seen them in bars and their cheque bin was higher than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The campaign aims to increase Japanese tourists’ average spending

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

It’s Time to Go To Thailand”. 

Why not call it  "time to spend as much money as you possibly can in Thailand"

2 hours ago, Janneman said:

Good idea. They should offer special golf tours. Bikini-clad caddies included in the price. That will surely attract a lot of wealthy japanese biznizmen 

To be fair that would attract a lot of guys from other places as well.

Hell. I think golf is the biggest waste of a decent walk you could ever do but if the caddies were dressed like that I might be tempted to take a swing at that stupid little white ball myself 😃

• Haha 1