News Forum - Swedish man killed while crossing road in Phang Nga

Thaiger

A Swedish man was killed by a speeding car while crossing a road in the southern province of Phang Nga last night. The driver confessed he drove recklessly at a high speed. A CCTV camera recorded the shocking footage when the Swedish man, 40 year old Bjorn Olof Johansson, got hit by the sedan car while crossing Petchkasem Road in the Takua Pa district of Phang Nga province. The video shows the man checking the road, waiting for each car to pass before making his way from one side to the other. He almost reached the road island destination but […]

The story Swedish man killed while crossing road in Phang Nga as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

the car shown in the picture broken like a wreck is hit the pedestrian ?  it look like he hit a lamp pole !

Bjorn Olof Johansson should be a superman, i never seen the car broken to such a extent when it hit a man.

Johansson may rest in peace.

4 minutes ago, kalyan said:

the car shown in the picture broken like a wreck is hit the pedestrian ?  it look like he hit a lamp pole !

Bjorn Olof Johansson should be a superman, i never seen the car broken to such a extent when it hit a man.

Johansson may rest in peace.

Look at the video. Hell of an impact,

7 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Who to blame.....the pedestrian or the car driver? Looks like both are at fault.

Yes I would say so, there doesn't appear to be any zebra crossing, completely idiotic to cross a road like that in particular at night. And with speeding drunk fools on the roads....

• Like 1

Have witnessed a taxi hit a pedestrian at 60 kms/per hour. the guy walked away.  The taxi had a smashed windscreen the guy had a bruised shoulder.

This instance the guy looks a bit wobbly, and definitely misjudged the speed of the car.  The car has hit him so hard the roof line has receded on impact.  To do this amount of damage and to "rag doll"  him the driver  had to be going very much over the speed limit.  I'll chuck in a guess 160+

Who's in the wrong --- the driver 100%.  He made a mistake and a man lost his life.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Who to blame.....the pedestrian or the car driver? Looks like both are at fault.

I don't see how you can possibly blame the pedestrian!

He seemed to be crossing carefully and the road was well lit. He was only a step away from the centre reservation.

The driver obviously wasn't paying attention and was driving way too fast. Even at speed the driver should have seen and avoided the guy.

9 minutes ago, Loong said:

I don't see how you can possibly blame the pedestrian!

He seemed to be crossing carefully and the road was well lit. He was only a step away from the centre reservation.

The driver obviously wasn't paying attention and was driving way too fast. Even at speed the driver should have seen and avoided the guy.

The driver shouldn't have hit him

But that guy was as drunk as a skunk and was definitely slow crossing the road

If I cross a road like that I am doing a slight jog

He looked once then just walked without ever looking right again

but out of nowhere, was hit by a speeding white sedan.

BS... the drunk was walking on a long straight well lit road but never looked at the on coming traffic once he started across... the driver wasn't looking either