News Forum - 2 Kuwaiti thugs face jail for attack on a woman & 4 Thai men

Thaiger

Two allegedly drunk Kuwaiti men were arrested on Friday, September 16, after attacking four Thai men who came to the rescue of a woman at a hotel near the Central Embassy in Bangkok. The thugs could face imprisonment of up to two years and a fine of up to 10,000 baht. Last Friday at 4am, police officers from Lumpini Police Station rushed to Nana City Inn Hotel in Soi Sukhumvit 4 near the Central Embassy to suppress a fight between two Kuwaiti men and a group of Thai men. Witnesses reported that the two Kuwaiti men fled from the scene […]

The story 2 Kuwaiti thugs face jail for attack on a woman & 4 Thai men as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I checked and this story hasn't made the Kuwait Times, yet.  It probably won't, but these boys are going to be in a heap of trouble when they return home. Not only from their families, but I wouldn't be surprised if the government took away their passports and banned them from traveling.

After having lived and worked in the country, I found out that Kuwaitis have very thin skins when it comes to their reputation.  They will get away with murder inside their own country, but bad behavior outside the country brings with it a certain type of shame.

• Like 3

Why is everyone assuming the Kuwaiti guys started it? For all we know the woman did and the 4 "good samaritans" escalated the situation. The type of Thais that hang out in soi 4 aren't exactly what you'd normally call "victims" - more likely out at 4am looking for trouble. From the looks of those guys they took quite a beating themselves, so it's odd that only they got arrested.

Not saying these guys are innocent - but it's quite unsettling if there are groups of Thais looking for a fight they can join in tourist areas. I personally got attacked in Khao San road a few years back and rarely go there since.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinga said:

Why is everyone assuming the Kuwaiti guys started it? For all we know the woman did and the 4 "good samaritans" escalated the situation. The type of Thais that hang out in soi 4 aren't exactly what you'd normally call "victims" - more likely out at 4am looking for trouble. From the looks of those guys they took quite a beating themselves, so it's odd that only they got arrested.

In a Matriarchy legal society, it always assume the woman is correct sadly.

Rule number one, never ever put yourself in a position to get in trouble in another country while vacationing!!! Out at 4am 🤔 on and around Nana 🤔 look a person has got to have street smarts. Out gallivanting around that late in the red light districts is a recipe for disaster. There’s been several stories recently where middle eastern people have had problems at and around that late (2-5 am). Beat up, arrested, a hefty fine and possible imprisonment whether it was there fault or not is now there fate.  

Thank You

Marvin

• Like 1

As a guest in Thailand,

rule number one ....... Do not pick a fight with the locals as they are never along in a city of 10 million.

rule number two ....... don't hit women even if you are in the right, walk away or expect a beating especially on Soi 4.

rule three....... remember you're not a local and the law is not equal towards foreigners so again walk away and enjoy your holiday before Immigration invite you to leave the country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Rule number one, never ever put yourself in a position to get in trouble in another country while vacationing!!! Out at 4am 🤔 on and around Nana 🤔 look a person has got to have street smarts. Out gallivanting around that late in the red light districts is a recipe for disaster. There’s been several stories recently where middle eastern people have had problems at and around that late (2-5 am). Beat up, arrested, a hefty fine and possible imprisonment whether it was there fault or not is now there fate.  

Thank You

Marvin

Marvin, we obviously think alike as I posted and found your post immediately above on the same lines. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrStretch said:

these boys are going to be in a heap of trouble when they return home. Not only from their families, but I wouldn't be surprised if the government took away their passports and banned them from traveling.

I doubt that very much. Middle Eastern governments are not renowned for criticizing their men folk, especially if they beat up on a female.  May even get a medal.  

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I doubt that very much. Middle Eastern governments are not renowned for criticizing their men folk, especially if they beat up on a female.  May even get a medal.  

Nice bit of casual racism. See what you did there.....

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Nice bit of casual racism. See what you did there.....

it was nothing to do with racism, however many times that over used word is used to cover up and otherwise explain / accept, what are clear unacceptable practices that are common in that part of the World.  To do otherwise than calling them out is to be yet one of many Ostriches  in the debate, just like all the lemmings who will troop over the Qatar to watch a clearly fraudulent football  World Cup.  But hey, nothing changes while people ignore the obvious. What did the wise Edward Burke famously say:  : 'the only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for  good men to do nothing'.  Call my comment racism if you like, but I will stick to my views.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

it was nothing to do with racism, however many times that over used word is used to cover up and otherwise explain / accept, what are clear unacceptable practices that are common in that part of the World.  To do otherwise than calling them out is to be yet one of many Ostriches  in the debate, just like all the lemmings who will troop over the Qatar to watch a clearly fraudulent football  World Cup.  But hey, nothing changes while people ignore the obvious. What did the wise Edward Burke famously say:  : 'the only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for  good men to do nothing'.  Call my comment racism if you like, but I will stick to my views.  

Definitely bigoted however you want to justify it to yourself. 

To say that a government would give a citizen of said country a medal for engaging in violence against women is bigoted, completely unjustified, and based on absolutely nothing. 

The Gulf countries in particular are extremely safe for women. 

If you have evidence to the contrary then please share it.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Definitely bigoted however you want to justify it to yourself. 

To say that a government would give a citizen of said country a medal for engaging in violence against women is bigoted, completely unjustified, and based on absolutely nothing. 

If you have evidence to the contrary then please share it.

Haha that did make me laugh out loud, excellent example of what I wrote in my post, well done.   I'm sure that they are all a beacon of female emancipation.   By the way, did you read just last week of the young lady who was beaten to death in one of those 'enlightened' countries, for wearing a skirt that was, in their twisted,  sextually repressed eyes, too short? It wasn't by the way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlX2LJHyE0E

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Haha that did make me laugh out loud, excellent example of what I wrote in my post, well done.   I'm sure that they are all a beacon of female emancipation.   By the way, did you read just last week of the young lady who was beaten to death in one of those 'enlightened' countries, for wearing a skirt that was, in their twisted,  sextually repressed eyes, too short? It wasn't by the way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlX2LJHyE0E

Firstly, Iran is not Q8, by your logic, what happens in Myanmar or Cambodia is a reflection on what happens in Thailand. Completely ridiculous. 

Secondly, one swallow don't make a summer.

Thirdly, in the incident you provide a link to, that at no point mentioned the length of her skirt btw, it clearly shows mass protests at what happened, mentioned government investigation over what happened etc, so in no way does this suggest status quo.

Fourthly, sticking to the topic, you said that the guys in Q8 will be given a medal. Please share evidence of such practices in Kuwait and any stats about violence against women.

To make tenuous links to other random attacks in completely different countries to suit your own bigoted view of the world is just being disingenuous. 

Glad I made you laugh. Please continue...

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Yes they are because women are usually kept in the house and are not allowed out without their husbands being present.

But you already knew that.

37 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes they are because women are usually kept in the house and are not allowed out without their husbands being present.

Some discord between you and Pine...😝

You say it's safe for women, (s)he says they're always getting beaten up and Q8e men get medals for doing so. 

So which is it???

49 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-women-live-alone-male-guardian-b1864267.html

More rubbish.... You're out of touch Rookie ...😃

38 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You just made a post to someone else saying Iran is not Q8 and then reference Saudi Arabia? 

Some consistency please.

But since you are so keen to highlight the wonderful life women have can you tell us what are the laws in Q8 regarding domestic violence? Or marital rape? Or sexual harassment? 

56 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You just made a post to someone else saying Iran is not Q8 and then reference Saudi Arabia? 

Some consistency please.

But since you are so keen to highlight the wonderful life women have can you tell us what are the laws in Q8 regarding domestic violence? Or marital rape? Or sexual harassment? 

Chalk and cheese. I know it wasn't you but to compare Q8 and Iran rather strange. Religion, not the same to put it mildly, Arab not Persian, language not the same... You get the idea... Those brown folks ain't all the same ya know!

On the other hand KSA and Q8 are pretty much the same people, many shared families etc, it's only lines in the sand after all. Same religion, language, culture, landscape etc etc. 

And I was referencing a post of MINE, that YOU quoted,  mentioning the Gulf.

Screenshot_20220920_165735.thumb.jpg.d28cc46748c48360b1fbabcba287335f.jpg

KSA is in the Gulf, so relevant to that. The link I provided gave information showing that in a 'Gulf' country women could go where they wanted, travel as they liked, and live how they pleased. What more do you want?

I'm not an expert on Q8e law, that's not my field, however, neither you or the other poster have come up with any meaningful statistics yet showing violence against women, and instances of medals being given out where it's occured. To suggest it's commonplace is lazy and irresponsible, and only goes to further project bigoted and outdated ideas. 

You agreed with me that it was very safe remember, now everyone's getting raped and battered at home. Which is it?

15 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I'm not an expert on Q8e law, that's not my field, however, neither you or the other poster have come up with any meaningful statistics yet showing violence against women, and instances of medals being given out where it's occured

It is indeed very difficult to quantify something like domestic violence in Kuwait because there is no law which covers that. So no law has been broken therefore it will never be recorded.

Do you think that is a good thing?

19 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The link I provided gave information showing that in a 'Gulf' country women could go where they wanted, travel as they liked, and live how they pleased. What more do you want?

I would like them to be able to do so without sexual harassment but again in Kuwait there is no law governing that.

We can talk about another country if you feel uncomfortable with Kuwait and its misogynist laws. 

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It is indeed very difficult to quantify something like domestic violence in Kuwait because there is no law which covers that. So no law has been broken therefore it will never be recorded.

I would like them to be able to do so without sexual harassment but again in Kuwait there is no law governing that.

We can talk about another country if you feel uncomfortable with Kuwait and its misogynist laws. 

So you don't think it's safe in Q8 for women, so why did you say it was before?

Is you okay?

7 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So you don't think it's safe in Q8 for women, so why did you say it was before?

Is you okay?

Do you have issues with reading comprehension? Perhaps English is not your first language and you have misunderstood what I have posted. 

Figures for violence against women will always show that they are safe in Kuwait because crimes against them are not recorded.