News Forum - Putin: Russian government is trying to end the Ukraine invasion

Thaiger

Vladimir Putin declared that the Russian government is doing everything it can the end the war in Ukraine as quickly as possible. His remarks came in conversation with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him not to prolong the conflict since Russia invaded Ukraine in February. The conversation took place at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit this week in the city of Samarkand in the Central Asian nation of Uzbekistan, itself a former republic within the Soviet Union. The event was attended by the Russian and Indian leaders as while as their counterparts in the region, Chinese President Xi Jinping […]

The story Putin: Russian government is trying to end the Ukraine invasion as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

But Russia is not doing everything it can to end this conflict that they started, all it would need is for Russia to remove itself from Ukraine and Crimea, and this conflict would end, then all that's left to deal with are all the war crimes and reparations caused by this despot called Putin.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

But Russia is not doing everything it can to end this conflict that they started, all it would need is for Russia to remove itself from Ukraine and Crimea, and this conflict would end, then all that's left to deal with are all the war crimes and reparations caused by this despot called Putin.

You neglected to mention Putins pride.

He is the macho man of Russia, saviour of the regeneration of the Soviet empire, saving the world from the degeneration espoused by Western influences.

He is not only saving Russia he is trying to save the whole world. (in his demented mind anyway)

Another noted Russian in history comes to mind. RasPUTIN. He was reportably a nut case too.

Maybe he is related?🙃

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Wow, simply terrible reporting!

The headline states:  Putin: Russian government is trying to end the Ukraine invasion

Putin would NEVER refer to it as an invasion!

Secondly, the article states:  Ukraine has been making significant games on the battlefield...

Significant GAMES?

Come on, guys, there has got to be some sort of proof-reading at your esteemed news organization?

Edited by CanadaSam
Spell-check.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

This war ends with Putin getting a 9mm headache.

We can only hope. I’m picking he’ll be gone by Christmas

• Like 4

Yes he will end it as soon as possible... . By sending yet more troops in to the conflict or pressing the button if he thinks he is going to loose.

.He will only end it if he wins otherwise  he wont call a halt to anything. 

• Like 2

This report is carefully misworded and therefore misleading, both in what Putin, Actually said, and then further  down in the article, what Modi said to Putin.

Definitely dangerously misworded and misleading, in such a way that that it is very pro Putin no matter how you read the report here on the Thaiger.

just as an other reports on your website, for some mysterious reason, the so-called news is an accurate and misleading.

• Like 2

Putin said that it is the Ukrainian side that is determined to continue the conflict on the battlefield instead of accepting the Russian negotiations and that Russia wishes to end the invasion as soon as possible.

So the Ukrainians continue the war by not giving Putin everything he wants? Is that the reasoning being used? Besides the fact Russia isn’t winning the war so is in no position to demand Ukraine agree to its demands. Fact is Russia has already rejected any security agreements for Ukraine. Exactly how do they expect Ukraine to agree to anything at that point? The entire article is misleading and disingenuous. 

Ending the war is simple. All that needs to happen is Russia leave Ukraine. War is over. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Putin said that it is the Ukrainian side that is determined to continue the conflict on the battlefield instead of accepting the Russian negotiations and that Russia wishes to end the invasion as soon as possible.

That’s true although ending the war by what means - conquest or peace? Zelenskyy me allies have repeatedly rejected peace talks and has repeatedly publicly stated that his only plan to gain peace is by pushing Russia from it’s territory. That is not conducive to peace any time soon.

So the Ukrainians continue the war by not giving Putin everything he wants?

Not true. Give up the Donbas, sign security agreements and Ukraine can get back to living & growing as opposed to simply surviving on handouts. Ukraine is fighting to remain an independent country and, by default, it’s very existence because they rejected peace talks in March while Russia can toddle off home whenever they please. This is not a war of equals and only one side has bet the house. There is no doubt that Ukraine and it’s allies are rejecting peace and continuing the war with a view to defeating inside Ukraine and weakening Russia. Ukraine would be a basket case without their sponsors. Most reasonable people have to question who is really running the show in Ukraine - Zelenskky or the sponsors? The sponsors train the UAF, arm the UAF and direct the UAF - this is yet another proxy war. The problem is that Ukraine cannot sue for peace while their sponsors who promise to rebuild the 3rd world wheat farm demand otherwise - damned if they fight and damned if they don’t.

Fact is Russia has already rejected any security agreements for Ukraine.

Not true. Russia has offered and continues to offer security agreements in return for Ukraine’s commitment to neutrality but they are consistently rejected. 

Ending the war is simple. All that needs to happen is Russia leave Ukraine. War is over. 

That is as realistic as a comedian becoming a world leader overnight. Zelenskky is a puppet that faithfully repeats his lines as and when told. The US have their puppet government in Kyiv and look what it’s done to Ukraine.
Russia bad, Ukraine not so bad. 

9 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

And leave the Russian speaking Ukrainians to the mercy of the government and populace? You are kidding yourself if you think the witch-hunts wouldn’t be long, hard and brutal if that happens. Zelenskky’s control of the national media rivals Putin’s and the revenge would not be televised.

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

And leave the Russian speaking Ukrainians to the mercy of the government and populace? You are kidding yourself if you think the witch-hunts wouldn’t be long, hard and brutal if that happens. Zelenskky’s control of the national media rivals Putin’s and the revenge would not be televised.

You appear to be deluded or are you just kidding yourself, you know that Russias main objective was to over run Ukraine, the Donbass is just a side show that Putin has had to settle for to save face. Most of the troubles in the Donbass were manufactured by the Russians and not to put a too finer point on this Fanta, you know this, but it wouldn't do to admit it now would it? 

But as of late things are not working out as you may want them to in the annexation of Ukraine by the Russians, but I'm afraid (for your sake) that it is something you are just going to have to live with. 

Peace can only come from the Russians withdrawing, if the Ukrainians stop fighting all they can look forward to is a life of serfdom under their Russian masters, and those are the ones that have not killed or ethnically cleansed. 

Stop making excuses for the Russians, most people can see what is happening, why you can't, I just don't know. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You appear to be deluded or are you just kidding yourself

Back at ya! Seems you cannot have a civil conversation without imposing your opinion as fact with insults to boot. Russia’s initial aim was to install their own puppet government in Ukraine, demilitarise Ukraine (NATO) and “liberate” the DPR & LPR. The fantasy of conquering and occupying Ukraine in it’s entirety is enjoyed and employed by the fear & war mongers. And the myth of a united Ukraine ignores the reality that 29% of the population speak Russian. I have consistently said I hope Ukraine wins this war but looking at the sum of the whole I cannot see that happening on the battlefield. Stop swallowing the message being fed to you, or at least pause between gulps, and ponder who loses what if the war continues to a conclusion on the battlefield and not at the negotiating table. Ukraine has already lost far more territory than encompasses the Donbas region and you urge them to fight on and risk more or perhaps the lot with all the damage that entails. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Back at ya! Seems you cannot have a civil conversation without imposing your opinion as fact with insults to boot. Russia’s initial aim was to install their own puppet government in Ukraine, demilitarise Ukraine (NATO) and “liberate” the DPR & LPR. The fantasy of conquering and occupying Ukraine in it’s entirety is enjoyed and employed by the fear & war mongers. And the myth of a united Ukraine ignores the reality that 29% of the population speak Russian. I have consistently said I hope Ukraine wins this war but looking at the sum of the whole I cannot see that happening on the battlefield. Stop swallowing the message being fed to you, or at least pause between gulps, and ponder who loses what if the war continues to a conclusion on the battlefield and not at the negotiating table. Ukraine has already lost far more territory than encompasses the Donbas region and you urge them to fight on and risk more or perhaps the lot with all the damage that entails. 

If you cannot accept the truth that is your fault and not mine, stop taking other people's opinions as insults, they are not, it has to be fair to say that your opinions do not tally with most other people's opinions on Russia's illegal attempted annexation of Ukraine.

Your cohorts seem to have seen the writing on the wall and have fled the debating arena on this conflict. A lot of posters on here find your constant excuses of the Russia occupation in Ukraine very offensive, especially when the Russians have again reverted to killing innocent civilians and destroying the very buildings that they hoped would protect them, the Russians are engaged in a genocidal war and guess what some of us find that very offensive.

I do not agree with one word of your assessment of the reasons and the way this war is progressing in Ukraine, it has all been explained to you many times, but for whatever reason it always falls on deaf ears. There is absolutely no point in any of us using links to support what we are saying because you always debunk it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Your cohorts seem to have seen the writing on the wall and have fled the debating arena on this conflict

Cohorts? You mean anyone that dissented from THE MESSAGE? I assume that most tired of the personal attacks and the balance sought civilised intelligent discussion elsewhere as opposed to an endless of propaganda presented as facts dripping in emotion. As I have said numerous times - less crying, more trying. 

19 minutes ago, Fanta said:

the balance sought civilised intelligent discussion elsewhere as opposed to an endless of propaganda presented as facts dripping in emotion.

For a poster that constantly uses TASS as his source and othe conspiracy websites, that is funny. 😂😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

Not true. Russia has offered and continues to offer security agreements in return for Ukraine’s commitment to neutrality but they are consistently rejected. 

Except Russia’s security offer is a promise to not attack again. That’s it, a repeat of the Budapest memorandum. The security agreement Ukraine has proposed was rejected by Russia. They claimed it would lead to WW3. Of course that would be true only if Russia attacked again. I’m sure the irony of that was lost on Russia. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

You seem to hang on to every word the Kremlin says as if they are as pure as the driven snow, they lie Fanta.

But neutrality for Vladimir Putin was never likely to be enough.

"Ultimately [Putin] wanted to divide the country and I think it's becoming more evident that's what he wants," says Barbara Zanchetta of King's College London's Department of War Studies.

While the Kremlin wants to annex some areas of Ukraine, Tatiana Stanovaya believes "much more important is the fate of Ukraine: Putin wants to end Ukraine as a current state".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56720589

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

Not true. Give up the Donbas, sign security agreements and Ukraine can get back to living & growing as opposed to simply surviving on handouts. Ukraine is fighting to remain an independent country

That’s misleading and incomplete. Russia demands not only all the Donbas but also the Crimea and all the other land they currently occupy. Their security agreement is a promise from Russia to not attack again in exchange for Ukraine not being part of the EU or NATO. You can see how that’s completely unacceptable to Ukraine right? You give up everything, including your sovereignty, in exchange for a Russian promise. Such a deal! 

Fact is the two sides are way too far apart to even pretend an agreement can be reached anytime soon. One side or the other is going to have to be staring defeat in the eye before enough movement can be made to reach a deal. Russia needs to be broken for true peace in the region to be had. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

That’s misleading and incomplete. Russia demands not only all the Donbas but also the Crimea and all the other land they currently occupy

Got a link detailing Russia’s demands in the peace negotiations? 

26 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You seem to hang on to every word the Kremlin says as if they are as pure as the driven snow, they lie Fanta.

Sigh.. we have another thread I can ignore you in, please don’t spoil this one for other  users also. 

Just now, Fanta said:

Sigh.. we have another thread I can ignore you in, please don’t spoil this one for other  users also. 

As I said Fanta, stop playing the victim here, it is the Russians that are murdering innocent Ukrainian civilians here, the last thing we should be doing is finding excuses for their vile deeds and even as some have suggested rewarding the Russians with land they have stolen!

Feel free to ignore.

29 minutes ago, Fanta said:

On 3 March, the second round of peace talks began. Both sides agreed to open humanitarian corridors for evacuating civilians.[15] Russia's demands were Ukraine's recognition of Russian-occupied Crimea, independence for separatist-controlled Luhansk and Donetsk, and "de-militarisation" and "de-Nazification". Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba stated that while his country was ready for talks to resume, Russia's demands had not changed.[16][17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Russia–Ukraine_peace_negotiations#Second_round_(3_March)

As best I can tell, nothing has changed from this last offer. Basically all of Donbas and Crimea. No doubt everything else Russia currently occupies, but that’s an assumption on my part based on the fact Russia is fighting to keep hold on to the Kherson area. At the present time that’s clearly and rightfully a non-starter for Ukraine. 

Nothing is going to be agreed to until after the 2023 summer Ukrainian offensive. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Siskit said:

This report is carefully misworded and therefore misleading, both in what Putin, Actually said, and then further  down in the article, what Modi said to Putin.

Definitely dangerously misworded and misleading, in such a way that that it is very pro Putin no matter how you read the report here on the Thaiger.

just as an other reports on your website, for some mysterious reason, the so-called news is an accurate and misleading.

this site is for entertainment,  definitely not for news

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

On 3 March, the second round of peace talks began. Both sides agreed to open humanitarian corridors for evacuating civilians.[15] Russia's demands were Ukraine's recognition of Russian-occupied Crimea, independence for separatist-controlled Luhansk and Donetsk, and "de-militarisation" and "de-Nazification". Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba stated that while his country was ready for talks to resume, Russia's demands had not changed.[16][17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Russia–Ukraine_peace_negotiations#Second_round_(3_March)

As best I can tell, nothing has changed from this last offer. Basically all of Donbas and Crimea. No doubt everything else Russia currently occupies, but that’s an assumption on my part based on the fact Russia is fighting to keep hold on to the Kherson area. At the present time that’s clearly and rightfully a non-starter for Ukraine. 

Nothing is going to be agreed to until after the 2023 summer Ukrainian offensive. 

So what I already wrote

Give up the Donbas, sign security agreements and Ukraine can get back to living & growing as opposed to simply surviving on handouts”

So in hindsight, Kharikiv, Kherson, Mariupol, Lysychansk, the nuclear power plant kerfuffle, the human costs, the economic costs for Ukraine & the world etc etc wouldn’t have happened if Ukraine had agreed to the terms back in March. I greatly doubt Ukraine can push Russia out any year soon and I think the best Ukraine can achieve is to lose the Donbas in exchange for peace.
I am not saying it is right or fair but it is what it is.